Currys know how warrenty repair problems.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
have recently put my laptop in to be repaired due to it being water damaged and it has come back unrepaired as the reason being "it was water damaged ".no sh1t Sherlock.anyways it has a full insurance in place for breakages or accidental accident damage or whatever but they have said now it's because it was neglect that caused it to be broken.What is the best way to go about this .they have given me 3 different stories to date each blaming the other ,store ,repair centre ,insurance people ect but I have a laptop that won't work and I was made to believe that it was covered for spillages .anyone else had any problems making a claim from the know how thing ..any help much appreciated .

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Was it the accidental damage insurance you got for it?

Dave..

RMS Regular
have recently put my laptop in to be repaired due to it being water damaged and it has come back unrepaired as the reason being "it was water damaged ".no sh1t Sherlock.anyways it has a full insurance in place for breakages or accidental accident damage or whatever but they have said now it's because it was neglect that caused it to be broken.What is the best way to go about this .they have given me 3 different stories to date each blaming the other ,store ,repair centre ,insurance people ect but I have a laptop that won't work and I was made to believe that it was covered for spillages .anyone else had any problems making a claim from the know how thing ..any help much appreciated .
If you have no joy use Their Twitter and Facebook, it is amazing how fast problems can be sorted.

saxo_man

RMS Regular

I've have the same cover for my netbook. I spilt Coke on it last year and it wouldnt turn on. Turns out it needed a lot of stuff replaced in it, and they bloody fixed it, new keyboard, screen, and some bits inside. I was hoping for a new one instead given that it is a few years old. I was under the impression it covered everything, so it surprises me that they have sent it back. Next time just drop it off the roof of the house.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
I've have the same cover for my netbook. I spilt Coke on it last year and it wouldnt turn on. Turns out it needed a lot of stuff replaced in it, and they bloody fixed it, new keyboard, screen, and some bits inside. I was hoping for a new one instead given that it is a few years old. I was under the impression it covered everything, so it surprises me that they have sent it back. Next time just drop it off the roof of the house.
I spilt water on mine ,a full pint glass but they said it was very wet inside and that it had been submerged possibly .!!The bloody water was running out of it from the sides lol .As u say I think I will go collect it and trip on there floor mat and drop it on way out lol.Accidental after all like .!!! I won't actually but feel like it .

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I spilt water on mine ,a full pint glass but they said it was very wet inside and that it had been submerged possibly .!!The bloody water was running out of it from the sides lol .As u say I think I will go collect it and trip on there floor mat and drop it on way out lol.Accidental after all like .!!! I won't actually but feel like it .

Sounds like you got an awkward boyo. My dad drove over the nephews xbox 360 with the car three times, when it got the RROD, so that they could claim for it on the insurance, said it fell off the worktop.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
If you ever suffer water damage in a TV or laptop etc, it can be a nightmare to sort out. Rule of thumb - always claim it was a bust pipe or radiator, rather than you spilling a glass over it.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
If you ever suffer water damage in a TV or laptop etc, it can be a nightmare to sort out. Rule of thumb - always claim it was a bust pipe or radiator, rather than you spilling a glass over it.
The policy clearly states it covers all kinds off accidents including accidental water damage resulting in a repair or replacement of said product.how can they say it's neglect on my behalf and that it was so wet it looked to have been submerged .thats just an excuse to not fix it surely .i can't prove it wasn't under water .They asked had I used it in the bath and dropped it .thats the excuse for the neglect there on about .

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
The policy clearly states it covers all kinds off accidents including accidental water damage resulting in a repair or replacement of said product.how can they say it's neglect on my behalf and that it was so wet it looked to have been submerged .thats just an excuse to not fix it surely .i can't prove it wasn't under water .They asked had I used it in the bath and dropped it .thats the excuse for the neglect there on about .

Just for the record, I wasn't having a go at you - just saying that despite what policies may or may not say, it's no secret that insurance companies will often try any avenue to wriggle out of paying for it - such as suggesting it was 'neglect'.

Thus, it's easier just to say it was beside a radiator pipe which burst. No possible neglect there.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
I would never buy of Currys again, purchased a £200 camera, after a week the button started emmiting smoke when picture was taken, took it back to them expecting a replacement, oh no had to go to be accessed, without camera for 5 weeks while being accesed and then repaired. Camera picked up and told all was good, back out to car and fired off a few shots to test, button smoked worse than ever. Back in and demanded money back, after a load of hassle and forms filed in, money back. It was not the money value that bugged me it was the complete attitude we took your money now deal with our Know How facility. Imagine buying a macbook or alike, noooo thanks

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
I would never buy of Currys again, purchased a £200 camera, after a week the button started emmiting smoke when picture was taken, took it back to them expecting a replacement, oh no had to go to be accessed, without camera for 5 weeks while being accesed and then repaired. Camera picked up and told all was good, back out to car and fired off a few shots to test, button smoked worse than ever. Back in and demanded money back, after a load of hassle and forms filed in, money back. It was not the money value that bugged me it was the complete attitude we took your money now deal with our Know How facility. Imagine buying a macbook or alike, noooo thanks
Exactly this .if it was scrapped or money to value voucher to spend ,my plan was to put another 450 towards it and buy a MacBook.trust me I will never buy anything there again.the attitude of the guy instore was appalling .

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
Had the same problem they said the laptop was submerged in water after a couple of phone call the give me a new one

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Just ping them on twitter and you'll get sorted, threaten the ombudsman and say you weren't informed of the what's not covered section of your insurance

Source: used to work for CPW who are owned by the same company, insurance regulation is a major policy that's enforced

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.