Curtis Cars Newtownabbey

• Thread starter Deleted member 23441
  • Start date

Deleted member 23441

D
Drove past this morning and the showroom and forecourt are empty? Is it closed /moved?

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yes still used cars in Coleraine. Used to have 3 showrooms there with new car franchises but now one with used cars. Clearly hard times for the trade.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I think they lost the franchise to actually sell new Peugeot's there about a year ago - they were only doing parts and service. I went in to get a service pack for my Mrs 208 and I thought it was already closed, no music playing in the showroom and just a bell on reception!

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Yea it’s closed down and the site is to become a shop and post office from what I gather.

I went there last year to try and get a new people carrier. I had what I wanted in mind, the Peugeot version of the Vauxhall Combo Life, the Rifter, but the salesman didn’t want to sell me it.

he wanted to sell me a 3008 or a 5008, but when I told him no, when I told him I wanted a Rifter, he literally switched off. I asked him for a brochure, as he hadn’t any Rifters there to look round/test drive, he told me everything I wanted to know was online.

Shocking customer service and from speaking to a few others, it seemed to be the norm for that branch of Curtis. If true, hardly surprised they lost the franchise.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Not good at all after so long in the business.

Yea it’s closed down and the site is to become a shop and post office from what I gather.

I went there last year to try and get a new people carrier. I had what I wanted in mind, the Peugeot version of the Vauxhall Combo Life, the Rifter, but the salesman didn’t want to sell me it.

he wanted to sell me a 3008 or a 5008, but when I told him no, when I told him I wanted a Rifter, he literally switched off. I asked him for a brochure, as he hadn’t any Rifters there to look round/test drive, he told me everything I wanted to know was online.

Shocking customer service and from speaking to a few others, it seemed to be the norm for that branch of Curtis. If true, hardly surprised they lost the franchise.

What did you buy in the end?

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Went to Vauxhall and got the Combo Life XL, which is technically a Peugeot. But Charles Hurst Vauxhall couldn’t have been more helpful. Yea sure he gave me other options, but listened to me and what I wanted, practically bent over backwards to help us out. Complete contrast to Curtis Cars.

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
Not surprised they closed down. My own experience with them was for a timing belt replacement, a 2 day job turned into nearly 3 weeks because they couldn't get a cam pulley that was needed to complete the job. Said part was in stock at Hurst's, I could even have got it online from England and delivered in to me in 3 days, they didn't want to know and had to come through they're own ordering system.
Had them then try and charge me nearly £500 more for parts and labour for said part when they finally completed the work. When asked why so much for a £25 part to be fitted, they had to admit the part price was entered wrong, and had charged me twice for labour.

They must have all been on leave when the customer service training was being held, just didn't want to know.

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
I went into them with a corrroded rear light cluster on a 6mth old 207. They replaced the bulb and told me it was sorted and charged me £1 for the new bulb.
I jumped in the car and straight away the faulty light warning came up on the dash. I believe the service department hadnt a clue what they were doing.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Tried buying a grand c max last summer and they just couldn't care less. Kept saying it was a 1.6 diesel despite it being 2.0 🤷‍♂️

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Also looked at a 208gti. Wouldn't take a penny off the list price as they "weren't flooding the market with them and it keeps the residuals high".

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Drove past it today and their forecourt is empty, a sorry sight.

colin84

RMS Regular
It seems pretty obvious why they aren't in business then. My uncle had the same experience when looking to buy a new 307 a lot of years back. Walked away and ended up getting what he was after from Turtles in Antrim.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Shocking number of bad stories here from what is a very small proportion of the NI car buying public. Getting the right management and staff in a place can make a huge difference to a business.

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
In comparison, i went to charles hurst on Boucher to look at a clio 197. The sales guy came out with the keys for the service managers R26 instead by accident (it was going up for sale later that day) but gave me a drive in it anyway. Ended up buying it there and then. Couldnt do enough to seal a deal!