Custom Hardtail - GSXR1100 Engine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
So dad bought this a while back. Unfinished project. I'm not sure what the original bike is but it's got a GSXR1100 engine in it now.

Hopefully get some photos once complete (aiming for this weekend)

For now these are my dads few photos. Frame was powdercoated last week so building it back up over the week and few bits of wiring to be finished then bolt the rest back together although he has fabricated 4 different exhausts for it so far..

FB_IMG_1492116010524.jpg
FB_IMG_1492116060333.jpg
FB_IMG_1492116094384.jpg

_20170413_215120.JPG

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1492116010524.jpg
    FB_IMG_1492116010524.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,048

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
That last exhaust suits the bike perfectly. Can't save I've seen a hardtail with a sportsbike engine before, it looks excellent!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
The last exhaust looks well but looking at the picture, it's going to ground out on fairly easy right handers. With it being a hardtail I think you're going to loose rear grip very suddenly because the wheel can't stay in contact with the road.
But it looks to have promise, good luck with the build.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
The last exhaust looks well but looking at the picture, it's going to ground out on fairly easy right handers. With it being a hardtail I think you're going to loose rear grip very suddenly because the wheel can't stay in contact with the road.
But it looks to have promise, good luck with the build.

He is fully aware of the fact it's going to be hairy lol. He has a bad back so this is just something for him to tinker at in the evenings and sell on or keep for short journeys.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Keep the semi rat look and don't be tempted with shiny bits, I think it ruins them.
Hard tail and a bad back isn't a good combo. Lol

Last edited:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That must move and be frightening with that sort of engine in it lol.

Front mud guard looks too modern though.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
Finally finished. Engine had a few niggles but sorted now. Still off the road so only got a few photos in the yard for now.

GSXR-Custom-01 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr

Can see the exhaust has been moved again. Should be a bit easier to turn although just moving it about the yard, it has the turning circle of an iceberg,

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Thats absolutely fantastic ... im not massively into bikes but that would make me get a license lol

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
Sold back to the guy who had originally started the project.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.