Dakar Yellow E46 M3

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Very nice!! Stands out being Dakar!! Great mods so far!! (y) (y)

They really are fun motors, great all rounder!!

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Awesome, just awesome!

Remember seeing you (eating a big bucket of KFC :p )& it in PMG getting the mirror polish not long after you'd won it.

Not jealous at all, not 1 bit, nope.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks great Ross. Door cards wouldn’t be for me just, but what an absolute belter of a car to be winning. Lucky guy!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Looks great Ross. Door cards wouldn’t be for me just, but what an absolute belter of a car to be winning. Lucky guy!
Yeah, doorcards aren’t to everyone’s taste but they’re full carbon custom made and they’re very different!

but what a car it is

NedHan79

RMS Regular
Drives
clio dci
Very nice Ross and very jealous. An e46 m3 was one of the dream cars that I never I got round to getting and I think it’s one of the few jems now that would still live up to the hype.

Health to drive boyo

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Very nice Ross and very jealous. An e46 m3 was one of the dream cars that I never I got round to getting and I think it’s one of the few jems now that would still live up to the hype.

Health to drive boyo
Thank you my man. It’s funny, 2 cars which had a big impact on me when I was younger and I’d definitely have put them into dream car category was the E46 M3 and I remember getting a run in a skyline R33 GTR Which belonged to a fella from Kilkeel. It was mildly tuned and was a monster. One of those drives which just sticks with me.

funny, same fella who owned the E46 M3 that started my love of them had a 306 GTI-6 and it was an amazing car too.

I’m lucky that I won one of my 18 year old Ross’s ‘affordable’ dream cars!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Small updates.

M3 has been off the road since around November. I left it up to Rick with the instructions to do a shell bearing replacement, full service, change to new Bilsteins, amd basically make sure everything Is how it should be as it normally gets a bit of death every time it’s out!

happy to have gotten a phonecall today to let me know it’s as good as new again.

shells were in good shape and have been changed at some point in the past, buti had him replace them anyway for peace of mind

oil was good with no metal present, and he also changed and replaced the belts etc along with some of the mounts and bushes.
alternator was also overhauled as it wasn’t charging the battery , and as mentioned, new suspension fitted

going to take it to Blackline to have lining and tracking checked and then it’s down to Pentagon to remove the cheap nasty bluey tints fitted.

after that I’ll have it home for a bit of an overhaul with front bumper being smoothed after the previous owners had drilled holes into it to fit the number plate, I’ve A small rust spot in the front passenger wing starting and well, I picked up a CSL boot lid which needs painted and fitted and then I think that should be me done for another while!

RevT

RMS Regular
I’m looking forward to seeing the CSL bootlid and bumper smoothed, should look great! 👍🏼

A fella I know actually bought a Dakar E46 a couple of weeks ago, keep seeing photos of it on his FB and it looks unreal.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I’m looking forward to seeing the CSL bootlid and bumper smoothed, should look great! 👍🏼

A fella I know actually bought a Dakar E46 a couple of weeks ago, keep seeing photos of it on his FB and it looks unreal.
Cahir? Think he spent big dough on it. In fairness it’s lovely and has had new front wings and pretty much full respray.
Car is in pretty much factory condition as Ryan brought it in from England and he just made it as close to standard as he could.

RevT

RMS Regular
Yep, that’s the one. I haven’t seen it in person but it looks fresh in the photos anyway.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
How many Dakar E46 M3s were there? I assume it was a special order or individual colour as I've never seen one on the road.