Darren wrights Rover head on flowbench-

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

S_Gault

RMS Regular
Finished making adaptors to fit the Rover T-series turbo head onto flowbench and to check how it performs prior to any modification.

Heres pic-

Steven

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
Max said:
do u put up pictures of everyone's stuff ur doing? :?:

there are some of us out there who aren't into fibreglass and tacky ***** but are genuinely interested! keep them coming!

brendy

RMS Regular
i kinda agree with max on this one, its not exactly data protection but i wouldnt want everyone knowing what was getting done/fixed on my motors head.
walls have ears and all that too!

Adam

RMS Regular
Who gives a sh**. I for one am interested in what it takes to tune an engine properly and I like seeing the pics!

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
brendy said:
i kinda agree with max on this one, its not exactly data protection but i wouldnt want everyone knowing what was getting done/fixed on my motors head.
walls have ears and all that too!

yeah, can understand from a security point of view but i think the owners safe enough, seriously though the pictures to me are just as interesting as the data and helps put it all together. I personally don't give 2 fooks about who owns it etc

Send me the pics by mail :p

Siilver

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Polo
i dont think u really need2no whos car it is
but its really nice 2 c car tuning as it happens

brendy

RMS Regular
look at the pic, exactly what information does it tell you?
im not questioning mr gaults work but to me all he has done here is post a pic of a flowbench which im sure most of us has probably seen before somewhere.
Wouldnt it be better if he put together a feature once all work was done?

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
brendy said:
look at the pic, exactly what information does it tell you?
im not questioning mr gaults work but to me all he has done here is post a pic of a flowbench which im sure most of us has probably seen before somewhere.

agreed, pics dont do anything other than advertise the fact he can do extensive engine work.

a few more pics, including before and after and a description of exactly what is happening and all the benefits would be an excellent idea, and would benefit nearly all members on the forum!

Bryan

RMS Regular

Sounds like a better idea to me. I'm keen to learn and understand what he does but that picture really doesn't tell me much either.

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
aye it would be better but he just throws them up as he goes along, i would think he's busy enough. I dont mind, happy enough seeing the odd picture and a little info to see whats happening. I can research it elsewhere anyway.

Porter

RMS Regular
i could hardly call it advertising when he has blanked out his own contact number in it, it would be a different matter had he have had contact numbers spread all over the pic.

S_Gault

RMS Regular
OP
S_Gault
bearing in mind that 90% of what i do is racecars- no only bits posted on here are site members- thought you might be interested.. if not fair enough I'll leave you in the dark.

Steven

S_Gault

RMS Regular
OP
S_Gault
and bendy really what is the point of me posting flow figures (as i keep that bit secret), it means very little to most.. unless pressure drops and vlave lifts are stated at all cal points. To understand it youve got to have worked a flowbench.

Why have a customer pay good money to have a head developed on the flowbench and then me tell everyone how to do it to gain x cfm..

see the point?

and if yous dont wanna see stuff like this then ok, I take time to show yous guys this stuff etc. but each to their own

Baz C

Banned
u look like u do gd work! keep the pics coming! ignore sum of the numptys on here that have more interest in led washer jets

brendy

RMS Regular
reread my last post steven. where did i say i wanted flow figures/secrets, a simple before/after summing/stats etc would be nice from you or customer (if they are on here, you could post it to keep their anonimity.)

brendy

RMS Regular
S_Gault said:
and bendy really what is the point of me posting flow figures (as i keep that bit secret),
no probs steven
baz if youve seen my car you will know im not interested in blue leds etc.
from an education point of view, isnt it a bit vague just showing pics? im interested to see wht can be gotten out of nova nova engines also (ive got one that im currently debating with a mate whether to put my 2.0 8v 130 sri engine in or go the whole hog with the 3 litre bmw engine we also have sitting (still in 530i beemer so rwd bits are all available for doctoring.).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.