Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Whats recommended for about £100-150? I'm barely out in the car but fancy something just in case.

Looking at a Nextbase 412GW w/ 32gb card and hardwire kit for £130. Anything better out there for the money?

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
You could get a 512GW for £20 more with the hardwire kit or the same price if you go refurbished direct from Nextbase on amazon (although not sure what the refurbs are like) I went for the 512 over the 412 due to the built in HDR and anti reflective filter

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-27_13-3-51.png
    upload_2018-9-27_13-3-51.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 73

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
In that case here is a refurb 512GW for £120 but not sure if you can get something better for the money. I got mine for £130 there I think it was (prices a few pages back) and its been solid. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nextbase-C...?ie=UTF8&qid=1538051374&sr=8-3&keywords=512gw

Just dont forget to get a good SD card - I used my Class 10 / U3 / V30 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HXR511A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) out of my GoPro

Not sure I've even the need for the 412 tbh, I talked myself up from the 312 as I reckon it would do the job. I take the car out for about an hour a week so it's not like it will be used often.

I'll have a good gander when I'm home tonight. Cheers guys. Good to know Nextbase are a decent brand anyway.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT

Has to be one of the best dash cam videos on here, perhaps anywhere. The ol’ anchors were on the minute he cut in front. Seems he was having a race, didn’t know the roundabout was there, was going to hit the back of the van and took evasive action? Unfortunately this involved taking a bit of air time. Wonder what the people thought approaching from the other direction lol

I wanted the dash cam driver to go round the roundabout to see the van. Would be funny if you could see him tearing on up the road gta style. Hope he/she was alright anyway, nasty enough.

Last edited:

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Fairly wish I'd a dashcam this morning, going on the road from Kells to Doagh and an articulated lorry coming toward me (he was going toward Kells) hits a crest, sees a guy ahead cutting grass on the verge, throws the anchors on and locks up and jackknifed the trailer the whole way across the road, tail of the trailer was nearly in the hedge on my side of the road.

I wound up locking up and ditching the car for the verge with the side of the car in the hedge, pure slow-mo he was within inches but let the brakes off and just, just missed me. Don't know whether to be furious with him to be coming on that road at that speed, or grateful he had the presence of mind to back out and straighten the rig just before it cleaned me down the drivers side. If he'd hit they'd have been picking pieces of me from the road. My passenger was shrieking, I'm still shaking.

NotKG

Banned
ya can see a wee flash or 3 on the car indicator on a pc screen. cant really see it on phone. still,,,, theyre supposed to be 10 times more professional than us regular riders. mainly just that they can wreck them without paying for it where we have to be more careful.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
ya can see a wee flash or 3 on the car indicator on a pc screen. cant really see it on phone. still,,,, theyre supposed to be 10 times more professional than us regular riders. mainly just that they can wreck them without paying for it where we have to be more careful.
Training didn't help the bike cop sideswiped by a team car at a cycle race a few months back. He's in all shapes of mangled and the brand new FJR was worse than wrote off. I get your point though

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
He was looking at his phone for 18 seconds whilst driving an HGV - managed to kill a mother of 4 then only got 5 years? Did I read that right??

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
He was looking at his phone for 18 seconds whilst driving an HGV - managed to kill a mother of 4 then only got 5 years? Did I read that right??
Same happened on another motorway in England only a Mother and 3 kids were killed in a car after trucker on his phone hit a line of stationary traffic, and they were the 3rd car from the tail end of traffic, blamed brake failure and all sorts of things, until he was shown the fottage of him on the phone . Pleaded guilty and only got 5 years in prison. Not near long enough. Told the cops he hit a white transit van. Didn't even register with him there was and audi/bmw type estate car between him and the van . So much the distraction was the phone. Estate car Driver suffered life changing injuries and was on the radio taking about it. Horror to listen to really.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
I bought this little number from Amazon lately. Quite suprised by it . Quality is decent and it's very discreet.

Screenshot_20181015-094136_Amazon Shopping.jpg
20180929_135052.jpg

Only slight drawback is that it has a very wide angle lens. In the clip it felt like the Corsa near took my front end off but on camera he appears further away.

NotKG

Banned
I bought this little number from Amazon lately. Quite suprised by it . Quality is decent and it's very discreet.

View attachment 212164
View attachment 212165

Only slight drawback is that it has a very wide angle lens. In the clip it felt like the Corsa near took my front end off but on camera he appears further away.

ards!! no-one can use roundabouts properly, and the markings for them were by a moron.

Last edited:

markmeus

RMS Regular
I never understand these people driving the wrong way up a motorway - surely its deliberate? Old age can't account for that level of stupidity, you'd think you'd stop when you've realised your mistake, not horse her on the wrong way in the fast lane!