Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Rule 169
Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.

But that doesnt touch on the blind, incompetent or ignorant aspects of someone who would deliberately drive so slow as to hold up long queues etc.
Thats not a legal requirement

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Rule 168
Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Rule 168
Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you.
Relevant how?

Inconsiderate/careless driving, holding up queues, being blind incompetent and dangerous are all illegal. Although rarely will the police ever try and prosecute for some reason.

Slightly different use of the rules here, but there are still multiple laws that could be used against people like that

Tractor driver fined £190 for causing queue of FIFTY cars trapped behind him | Daily Mail Online
Very, slightly different use of the law there. Actual law, not highway code bits you claim are.

"could constitute an offence of inconsiderate driving." "The offence could earn you 3 to 9 points on your licence and a fine of up to £5,000"

This is the definition of careless and inconsiderate driving
If a person drives a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or other public place without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the road or place, he is guilty of an offence
There's only one vehicle in my clip that did, it wasn't the lead driver.

Last edited:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
By your own descriptions, the vehicle holding up the traffic is guilty of that exact offence. The person overtaking dangerously is not....because they'd be dangerous driving, not without due care and attention.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
By your own descriptions, the vehicle holding up the traffic is guilty of that exact offence. The person overtaking dangerously is not....because they'd be dangerous driving, not without due care and attention.
Nah lol you're just obsessed with speed, even when the vehicle not doing 60 in a national isn't at fault. If that were true, every learner would lose their licence before having one.
Just shows, if the camera had been doing over 35mph on what appears to be an NSL road, they'd have been well a head of the drift king and missed being hit.
This was on the drifting van that hit an oncoming car travelling at 35.

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Nah lol you're just obsessed with speed, even when the vehicle not doing 60 in a national isn't at fault. If that were true, every learner would lose their licence before having one.
This was on the drifting van that hit an oncoming car travelling at 35.

You must not have ever had to drive a truck over said nsl single carriageways, nothing worse than catching up to slow drivers while running out of driving time, plain and simple its inconsiderate, I don't care if they're not in a rush to get anywhere, if that's the case they should be pulling aside to allow traffic to pass, which is rarely the case.

The same drivers who hold everyone up on these roads, are usually the same kind who will flash or beep at you as you perform an overtake safely.

I read after Phillips crash that elder drivers are supposedly safer due to not putting themselves in a position to get into an accident, yet I regularly see elderly drivers pulling out of junctions infront of trucks or bikes, plus many other instances of poor driving.

Just my opinion on the matter though

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
You must not have ever had to drive a truck over said nsl single carriageways, nothing worse than catching up to slow drivers while running out of driving time, plain and simple its inconsiderate, I don't care if they're not in a rush to get anywhere, if that's the case they should be pulling aside to allow traffic to pass, which is rarely the case. And tbf, I wouldn't want to

The same drivers who hold everyone up on these roads, are usually the same kind who will flash or beep at you as you perform an overtake safely.

I read after Phillips crash that elder drivers are supposedly safer due to not putting themselves in a position to get into an accident, yet I regularly see elderly drivers pulling out of junctions infront of trucks or bikes, plus many other instances of poor driving.

Just my opinion on the matter though
No I haven't, not on public roads anyway. I have worked for numerous transport companies though so not a stranger to being in a lorry.

So the poor overtake then: that was anyone but the actual drivers fault, that's where we are?

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
No I haven't, not on public roads anyway. I have worked for numerous transport companies though so not a stranger to being in a lorry.

So the poor overtake then: that was anyone but the actual drivers fault, that's where we are?

Poor overtake definitely the drivers fault, I'd have pulled in after a couple of cars and then checked to see again.

I have to wonder though if the poor overtake would have been performed had the slower driver pulled in say a mile back and let a few cars trickle past?

The build up of cars is a factor in the decision making process, had everyone overtaken one by one the car wouldn't have had to maneuver past as many. Still no excuse for being so brash

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Poor overtake definitely the drivers fault, I'd have pulled in after a couple of cars and then checked to see again.

I have to wonder though if the poor overtake would have been performed had the slower driver pulled in say a mile back and let a few cars trickle past?

The build up of cars is a factor in the decision making process, had everyone overtaken one by one the car wouldn't have had to maneuver past as many. Still no excuse for being so brash
Dunno really.. The golf driver was erratic before this happened I just didn't include 3 miles of crawling and him/her edging out quite violently into the other lane.

I filtered past the Golf shortly after at traffic lights, so nothing was achieved or gained :eek:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Dunno really.. The golf driver was erratic before this happened I just didn't include 3 miles of crawling and him/her edging out quite violently into the other lane.

I filtered past the Golf shortly after at traffic lights, so nothing was achieved or gained :eek:

Well if he was driving erratic pre hold up I can only assume he was in a life threatening rush to the hospital :joy:

No need to sit on someones arse to get ahead, hold back and you've a better view of the road ahead anyway

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Seen that the other day, water must have seen a fuel spillage or something. You'd think water should far outweigh the flammable liquid though to stop the fire