Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Anyone with a 2 channel dashcam wired in? What make and model did you go for and how have you found it?

I’m currently looking at the Blackvue DR750S 2CH for the A6.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Anyone with a 2 channel dashcam wired in? What make and model did you go for and how have you found it?

I’m currently looking at the Blackvue DR750S 2CH for the A6.
Paul did my BlackVue 2CH 650 think it is and he hardwired it in. Cracker job. It’s class but DAB was affected until I got some ferrites for the cable.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
How would insurance look at any damage to the Rangey? Surely if someone is knicking your (or your neighbors) stuff you're better just handing it over?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
How would insurance look at any damage to the Rangey? Surely if someone is knicking your (or your neighbors) stuff you're better just handing it over?

Depends on policy...fully comp may cover most things. Although as both could be considered ( and were in this case ) deliberate acts...often insurance may run away as hard as they can. Fair play to the guy for trying to stop them though, he had a lot to lose.

Just a pity he wasnt able to drive over their heads.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Just report it as a hit and run I'd guess.

Not quite a hit and run though...and if insurance did pay out relating to teh Golf...of course the thieves actually driving the car who should require the insurance wont pay a penny, it will come out of the cars owners insurance even though they were not driving.

KaraokeMidget

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
To be honest i would have lifted my baseball bat quicker than my car keys in this case and beat the **** out of the scum.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
To be honest i would have lifted my baseball bat quicker than my car keys in this case and beat the **** out of the scum.

If they're locked in the car trying to drive away.....not much chance of you getting far with that. And you can be sure the police will nail you for it far faster than they'll ever go after the criminals.

Sad reality of the times we live in.

NotKG

Banned
my cousin got the door glass on his 430d smashed in london at the traffic lights, he bailed out and ran, 3 jumped in and realised it was auto, and in park. he was sprinting away. key on a lanyard down his coat. it was still running, but wouldnt come out of park.
they waited a few mins , then to finish they kicked almost every panel and ran off. there was under 500mls on it. insurance gave him a new car.
still declaring that claim on his policy , for the 5 yrs after that even with a no fault claim. part of it was on a dash cam a couple of cars behind.
dirty hoodrats.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Looks like Nepal has its share of "interesting" roads. If you thought driving at the side of a cliff looks a bit tame, you can add fast flowing water also.