Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
1st clip, roundabout heading out of Gilford towards Banbridge.
Black audi didn't bother stopping.

Again my pet hate, red van cutting a corner on a NSL stretch of road. The look on his face was priceless as he panicked to get back onto his side.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Have no idea Ian! I can't even remember what settings I have it on at the minute to be honest, think I tried both 1080 @ 30fps and 720 @ 60fps but can't remember what I settled on. I'll check them this evening as I noticed I haven't updated my reg since changing the car last year either...changed the first letter to K and must have got bored after that!

I'll stick up another one here similar to your roundabout one above with the southern reg just as I have the memory card out, but as I mentioned a long time ago, I could literally post roundabout ballbagness every single day.

Is there any sort of online portal for reporting these type of things, to upload or e-mail footage or anything? I actually thought that was a wee church she was turning into so didn't wanna make a scene at the time thinking it could be a funeral or something (didn't even blast the horn)...the wife has since told me it's a f*ckin hairdressers! Think those front tints looks dangerously dark too...metro plates are obviously fine though 8o|

Anybody know why vehicle details don't show up on the search sites? Recent transfer maybe that hasn't been updated just?

@garyo did you ever get a chance to check the settings?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Hmm, I had been indicating for ages buddy. You can hear the plinky-plonk for quite some time even over road noise.

That's my bad then 🙈 couldn't hear it over the road noise like you say, volume wasn't high enough when watching the first few times lol

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
It definitely was a close call, but given you came to a complete stop before indicating your intentions while the road ahead of you was clear then it's possible the driver coming up behind you had no idea what you were thinking of doing.

Fair play for him not ending up in the field, and tbh I think he was more interested in keeping from hitting the back of you than whatever his load may have been.

I'd brush it off as a possible lapse in judgement, and be thankful nothing collided

Have to agree, the guy clearly just made a mistake (which we all have and will continue todo) and thankfully he corrected it in time to avoid a collision. Can’t see any point in someone’s lively hood being put at risk, when thankfully, nothing came of it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just set at 1080p Ian, I knocked it to 720p at 60fps whilst I was there so will check the footage over the weekend and see if there's any noticable difference.

Thanks. Will check mine and see, it must be at 720 when you compare our videos.

brendy

RMS Regular
It's generally not roads that are dangerous, but the other people on them.
Indeed but if you have a fast moving environment and introduce slow moving human beings into the equation, its asking for trouble. Didnt see one pedestrian on those clips, that tells me that they arent overly safe roads to be moving slowly on. Similarly, there was an item on tv this week calling for more awareness from lorry/bus etc drivers for cyclists. Im of the other opinion that HGVs etc should be given a wide berth in towns and cities, let them go where they need to go and give them right of way when necessary, they are hard enough to drive without someone thinking their pink lycra will protect them in the blind spots.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
As a former road cyclist, I wouldn't spend any time on the sort of busy main roads that guy is on. I'd love to get back out there but with the amount of traffic and general lack of common sense by most road users, I wouldn't risk getting cleaned by some impatient asshat. Having said that, in some of the clips, he's well out from the verge which doesn't help. Bottom line is that it's fooking dangerous and there is a case to ban cyclists from main roads for their own safety.

brendy

RMS Regular
This is it, on some of these roads it is suicidal, when I get over to Denmark etc (places where cycling is embraced), cyclists outnumber motorists in and around town, outside these areas you just dont see them at all.

As a former road cyclist, I wouldn't spend any time on the sort of busy main roads that guy is on. I'd love to get back out there but with the amount of traffic and general lack of common sense by most road users, I wouldn't risk getting cleaned by some impatient asshat. Having said that, in some of the clips, he's well out from the verge which doesn't help. Bottom line is that it's fooking dangerous and there is a case to ban cyclists from main roads for their own safety.