Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
RMS - the victim blaming gift that just keeps giving

It's not hard is it?

Totally agree, and that's how I overtake cyclists as I was one for many years. But people who give enough room are in the minority and if you are on a bicycle, why take the risk of getting cleaned? It's not all one or the other group's fault but people cant be relied upon to be sensible so some rules to save lives may be appropriate?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
That also isnt a 4 lane carriageway with slip roads.
So a driver overtakes properly on a B road, but when it's on a 4lane carriageway with slips and loads of space, yet inches from cyclists, it's cycling that should be banned.

Right 🤔
Totally agree, and that's how I overtake cyclists as I was one for many years. But people who give enough room are in the minority and if you are on a bicycle, why take the risk of getting cleaned? It's not all one or the other group's fault but people cant be relied upon to be sensible so some rules to save lives may be appropriate?
I have been cleaned 🤬

brendy

RMS Regular
Unpopular? Maybe. Ignorant, yes.
lol wise up, Im for cycling but not in areas where it just isnt safe.

So a driver overtakes properly on a B road, but when it's on a 4lane carriageway with slips and loads of space, yet inches from cyclists, it's cycling that should be banned.

Right 🤔

I have been cleaned 🤬
Overtaking correctly goes without saying, check ahead, no traffic oncoming, do it safely for all parties. On a main carriageway there are more concerns, cars pulling onto the road, cars overtaking on the right etc. Given the speed difference, if you arent willing to walk that road you shouldnt be cycling on it as you have exactly the same protection from other peoples lack of awareness, accidents etc.
Just to reiterate, I have a bike, i'm not anti cycling but everything has its place. Just because you have something doesn't give you a right to use it anywhere.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
90% of the clips where he's giving off stink there's a vehicle coming towards them, looks to be like the hgvs have seen a gap went for the overtake then something pops up while they're half way through and they have to cut back in early to avoid a smash

The cyclist also looks to move away from the kerbside on multiple occasions, reducing his buffer.

I'm all for cyclists, but tbh that one looks like he spends most of his day holding people up in badness so he can get compilations of him swearing at overtakers for the tube

What happened to pulling in and allowing faster moving traffic past on single carriageways when you're causing a tail back? He's not as innocent as he's being made out to be

I generally try and get my vehicle fully into the oncoming lane passing bikes and pedestrians but on rare occasions I mightn't be able to, I do however always keep an eye on my mirrors

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
90% of the clips where he's giving off stink there's a vehicle coming towards them, looks to be like the hgvs have seen a gap went for the overtake then something pops up while they're half way through and they have to cut back in early to avoid a smash
So poor driving then, don't overtake if the gap doesn't exist.

The cyclist also looks to move away from the kerbside on multiple occasions, reducing his buffer.
Hugging kerbs offers no buffer, when he moves violently it's because the draft sucks him towards the trailer.

I'm all for cyclists, but tbh that one looks like he spends most of his day holding people up in badness so he can get compilations of him swearing at overtakers for the tube
It's fair to assume those clips are a collection from more than one day.

What happened to pulling in and allowing faster moving traffic past on single carriageways when you're causing a tail back? He's not as innocent as he's being made out to be
Can't see a single occasion where the rider is causing a tailback, in a lot of clips the road is virtually empty in both directions..

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
So poor driving then, don't overtake if the gap doesn't exist.

Hugging kerbs offers no buffer, when he moves violently it's because the draft sucks him towards the trailer.

It's fair to assume those clips are a collection from more than one day.

Can't see a single occasion where the rider is causing a tailback, in a lot of clips the road is virtually empty in both directions..

The point was the gap existed then half way through the overtake something came towards the hgvs, it's not as open and shut as there's a gap or there isn't when hauling 40+ ton

He wasn't hugging the kerb, but the gap between got substantially bigger on several occasions when it didn't look like any turbulence could've pulled him so close

I saw a few of his rear facing ones with several cars behind. Honestly his attitude stinks

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
The point was the gap existed then half way through the overtake something came towards the hgvs, it's not as open and shut as there's a gap or there isn't when hauling 40+ ton

He wasn't hugging the kerb, but the gap between got substantially bigger on several occasions when it didn't look like any turbulence could've pulled him so close

I saw a few of his rear facing ones with several cars behind. Honestly his attitude stinks
The gap not existing isn't the riders fault is it? Seriously :joy: 2 -3 vehicles behind is not a tailback...

It's not his attitude that stinks :mad:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
The gap not existing isn't the riders fault is it? Seriously :joy: 2 -3 vehicles behind is not a tailback...

It's not his attitude that stinks :mad:

No the gap did exist, but because a hgv can only top out at 56 and accelerates at a snails pace overtaking isn't as simple as in a car or on a bike

You can see 3 vehicles, but there's a vanishing point which I bet there's more vehicles waiting around.

At 52 secs wtf is he playing at cycling in between two lanes???? His attitude is horrible, he swears every clip

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Are you actually for real? Gap not big enough to complete an overtake = sufficient space did not exist.

That's on the driver/s and nobody else

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
plenty of too close for comfort passes there, the risks of tangling with HGV's look to be high where that guys is spending time on the road, regardless of anyones right to be using the road it just comes across with an element of risk i wouldnt be happy taking (after all, 1 minor misjudgement could be fatal - so the stakes are high)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
As a former road cyclist, I wouldn't spend any time on the sort of busy main roads that guy is on. I'd love to get back out there but with the amount of traffic and general lack of common sense by most road users, I wouldn't risk getting cleaned by some impatient asshat. Having said that, in some of the clips, he's well out from the verge which doesn't help. Bottom line is that it's fooking dangerous and there is a case to ban cyclists from main roads for their own safety.

Looks like he's deliberately picking roads heavily used by HGV's

Sometimes a little common sense and self preservation should apply. What next...he'll go cycling across the Irish sea and complain about ferries in the way ?

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
The guy is a self-rightous bell end, ranting and shouting. Were any of the trucks even that close, really. How much space does he need. I've been cycling on country A and B roads since I was a nipper on a 10 speed (before helmets and hi vis) and the trucks are generally the most considerate vehicles. It's easy....you ride a normal bike close to the edge of the road and just get on with it. Prepare yourself for the draft as the truck starts to overtake. If there's a hardshoulder on the A road, then use it. And you don't start pedalling full on at 30+ down a hill as a heavy truck tries to accelerate past you.

I see this on the A6 Dungiven-Glenshane...3 men on bikes side by side having a chat when there's a perfectly good clean hard shoulder to ride on. Twenty cars crawling behind. Any wonder people get fkd off with them.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Number of red light jumpers is crazy....bizarrely you never see police sitting monitoring these dangers at junctions.

Worst bit is...most arent deliberate jumpers having looked and thinking road is clear. Most the idiots are oblivious to the lights at all which is even worse.