Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Intsalling Road Angel Halo Drive cams in all of our vans this week. What size of memory card is best? They suggest just a 32GB micro SD, would that be sufficient?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Intsalling Road Angel Halo Drive cams in all of our vans this week. What size of memory card is best? They suggest just a 32GB micro SD, would that be sufficient?
I've 16GB in my two channel blackvue with no issues at all. 32GB should be grand.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Depends...

If you're recording purely for an incident there and then....32 is plenty.

When I was on the road I was recording...and keeping a 3TB HDD full of daily recordings. Even a 64gb card wouldnt cover me for most days on the road but it covered most. 64gb on my old camera was around 8 hours worth at regular 1080 HD
But I tried to keep around 2-3 months worth saved although obviously you need to do that manually.

Just meant if there was ever any issues or allegations made I'd have records to contest them. Which for work vehicles can be handy too, but just a lot more work and storage space to do that. Especially for multiple vehicles.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Depends...

If you're recording purely for an incident there and then....32 is plenty.

When I was on the road I was recording...and keeping a 3TB HDD full of daily recordings. Even a 64gb card wouldnt cover me for most days on the road but it covered most. 64gb on my old camera was around 8 hours worth at regular 1080 HD
But I tried to keep around 2-3 months worth saved although obviously you need to do that manually.

Just meant if there was ever any issues or allegations made I'd have records to contest them. Which for work vehicles can be handy too, but just a lot more work and storage space to do that. Especially for multiple vehicles.

Thanks Steve. This is purely for accident purposes so hopefully a 16gb or 32gb will do.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Is Nextbase still a good choice in cameras? I need to replace the 312gw (I think) that was in the Golf and looking at the 522gw now.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
They must teach motorists totally different over there. As any time I see blue lights trying to get through here, idiots seem to stop dead in the middle of the road blocking everything from moving and getting out of the way

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Saw it on Facebook apparently it broke a branch off a tree 7 metres high.

FB_IMG_1586855798156.jpg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Clearly a bit of a p***k. Although if cyclists can ride for miles for exercise...why not other vehicles ? Exercise can be as much mental as physical.

But unless his speedo is kph...he's an even bigger idiot for uploading a video like that. And highly unlikely it is kph.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I got a Nextbase 522 a couple of weeks ago and noticed yesterday it wasn’t recording. It would record for 10s or so then stop. I had a play with it today and I can’t seem to get it set up to record when the car is turned on, which I’m pretty sure is what my 412 used to do.

Any ideas?

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I got a Nextbase 522 a couple of weeks ago and noticed yesterday it wasn’t recording. It would record for 10s or so then stop. I had a play with it today and I can’t seem to get it set up to record when the car is turned on, which I’m pretty sure is what my 412 used to do.

Any ideas?

did you do the firmware update?
i did on mine and it threw up a fault saying please input a branded memory card but it went away after awhile.