Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Met this moonbeam on the wrong side of the road this morning....you can even see the pedestrian looking confused!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
What's the easiest way to do this blur on the dash clocks at higher speeds when making a video?
Examples from around 0:25 onwards. Thanks

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Editing software with motion tracking or blur tools. Evidently easier to create a blur when the object is relatively fixed like Schaff's

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Isn't blurring the Speedo just another admission of guilt if it's not constantly blurred?

Surely blurring it over 70mph admits your wrong doings?

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Remeber reading about a YouTube "car reviewer" being fined for speeding though at no stage saw the speed. They calculated the distance between passing landmarks/signs etc in his video and worked out his average speed over the stretch. Which since I've noticed alot of you tubers blur out the windows on the Interior rear facing cameras since then.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Remeber reading about a YouTube "car reviewer" being fined for speeding though at no stage saw the speed. They calculated the distance between passing landmarks/signs etc in his video and worked out his average speed over the stretch. Which since I've noticed alot of you tubers blur out the windows on the Interior rear facing cameras since then.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Exactly...they'll hunt down people putting videos of themselves causing no harm but speeding...and ignore all the videos of people causing all sorts of destruction and mayhem.

Don't be a muppet and advertise yourself doing illegal stuff for them to nail you.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Dont upload videos of yourself doing illegal **** on the roads. You do realise how stupid that is ?

And you dont need a speedo to be able to calculate speed from a video.
Exactly...they'll hunt down people putting videos of themselves causing no harm but speeding...and ignore all the videos of people causing all sorts of destruction and mayhem.

Don't be a muppet and advertise yourself doing illegal stuff for them to nail you.

Thanks Sherlock, but give me some credit. I, and I'm sure everyone else reading this knows about calculating speed=distance/time on a video.

I was asking how to blur something on a video, like in the example shown.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Thanks Sherlock, but give me some credit. I, and I'm sure everyone else reading this knows about calculating speed=distance/time on a video.

What are you editing with

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
What's the easiest way to do this blur on the dash clocks at higher speeds when making a video?

Sounded more like you were asking specifically "how to blur out dash clocks at higher speeds"

Than randomly asking "how to blur something" in a video.

But maybe I picked it up wrong.