Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
VW Golf R Estate: DG20 HYH

Coming back from Ballymena, Carnlough Road outside Broughshane, national speed limit. Line of traffic going between 40 - 45mph due to jeep with sheep trailer and a Mini with R plate in front of me. Golf R back of the line, overtook two cars to get behind me then proceeded to dangerously overtake twice; Firstly coming up to a blind right hander, and then past a pub with a blind crest to overtake the jeep with trailer and Mini.

I flashed and beeped when he overtook me as it was completely idiotic, and of course he brake checked me.

Absolute moron. If those three oncoming bikes had have been motoring on, would’ve been a different story.

report it to the police....although does look like something they'd drive

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
VW Golf R Estate: DG20 HYH

Coming back from Ballymena, Carnlough Road outside Broughshane, national speed limit. Line of traffic going between 40 - 45mph due to jeep with sheep trailer and a Mini with R plate in front of me. Golf R back of the line, overtook two cars to get behind me then proceeded to dangerously overtake twice; Firstly coming up to a blind right hander, and then past a pub with a blind crest to overtake the jeep with trailer and Mini.

I flashed and beeped when he overtook me as it was completely idiotic, and of course he brake checked me.

Absolute moron. If those three oncoming bikes had have been motoring on, would’ve been a different story.

What a tool. That's one that should go to the Police.

report it to the police....although does look like something they'd drive

Completely agree. Straight to the police with that footage, complete and utter tool

Wasn't even a slight flick of the lights, that was seriously aggressive driving

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
As said in the other thread, that is a major brake check - what if your reactions weren't as good as they were, what if the next person he does that too isn't so fortunate or has crap brakes?

100% contact PSNI and report him for dangerous driving - what an absolute nobb

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
I don't bother beeping at them anymore, they usually response with the fingers and a '**** Off' at you. Unfortunately people think they are more important than anyone else.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Got a new 522GW and need an SD card for it. I recall dashcams are pretty sensitive to the right card, and had forgotten what a minefield it is when selecting a card with all the various different types.

Whats the best to stick with?

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I've one that nextbase supply in for about 3/4 years. Never had any problems. Check their site but I've had no issues with them. Others could probably advise on a better brand though.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Can't go wrong with SanDisk. Never had any problems with them in any type of camera.
Just be careful where you buy them from, if online. Google how to spot the fake Sandisk card.
Card and packaging look similar but they simply don't work.
Voice of experience here.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Just be careful where you buy them from, if online. Google how to spot the fake Sandisk card.
Card and packaging look similar but they simply don't work.
Voice of experience here.

I've bought a load of cards from ebay and Amazon, all look genuine. But some just fail

My Blackvue camera came with a card and I would guess Nextvue sell some under their name too ? You would hope that should be a reliable option of a suitable card.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
There's a program called h2testw or something that I used before to verify the true capacity of cards. However I'm not sure if it can verify the speed of the card.

Personally, I use Tesco or Amazon. eBay is rife with fakes

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Anyone a tried and tested method of securing the sucky cup on the dash cams to the window? :mad: :mad:

I am sick to death of mine falling off while driving and just realised my alarm was going off and low and behold the camera is hanging there which must have set of the sensor

Its the same with my wifes car too (same camera)

Last edited:

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
3m ones they're about a tenner but I've only used 2 in nearly 5 years. Mines well up out of the sun and heat as best I can, helps I think

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Anyone a tried and tested method of securing the sucky cup on the dash cams to the window? :mad: :mad:

I am sick to death of mine falling off while driving and just realised my alarm was going off and low and behold the camera is hanging there which must have set of the sensor

Something like this, I've stuck mine to the area behind the rearview so the cameras completely invisible from drivers seat

Amazon product ASIN B093GX2JB8

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
3m ones they're about a tenner but I've only used 2 in nearly 5 years. Mines well up out of the sun and heat as best I can, helps I think
I've used the 3M pads on all my dashcams and never had one fall off. Well worth the money.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

How often are you re-securing ?

Sticking them on slightly damp, I've never really had any issues over a decent period, like months easily.

Although in very hot sunshine if left they can call off.

But as others said, a good 3M sticky will stick, and be very difficult to get off.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
How often are you re-securing ?

Sticking them on slightly damp, I've never really had any issues over a decent period, like months easily.

Although in very hot sunshine if left they can call off.

But as others said, a good 3M sticky will stick, and be very difficult to get off.

Every day this week, given it a decent lube too - might just be gone or the fact that my car is bumpy AF

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Every day this week, given it a decent lube too - might just be gone or the fact that my car is bumpy AF

Wow, never had any suction cup fittings that bad.

Whether sat nav, dashcam etc. Is the screen itself clean and dry ? no strange coatings or products used on it ? ( other than wetting the area before applying the cup )

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Wow, never had any suction cup fittings that bad.

Whether sat nav, dashcam etc. Is the screen itself clean and dry ? no strange coatings or products used on it ? ( other than wetting the area before applying the cup )

Was fine all morning this morning on the motorway, must just be the back roads over the last week or so but will see on the way home over them. Will give the windscreen a decent clean as well at the weekend, outside and in!

I've found a spare 3m one if you want it.

Thanks Eddie - where are you based?

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA

Driving home from Newry today and the two cars in front in this clip had overtook me quite easily, possibly +70mph then they see the speed camera van and nearly cause an accident slamming on their brakes
Couldn't get my phone connected to dashcam so this is the best I could do 🤣

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Sitting behind a slow moving lorry and a car for a few miles, I decided the car wasnt going to pass so went to pass them both, and the car almost pulled into the side of me. Ended up speeding up to get past and ran onto a chevron area. I have been mulling over this, I dont think it's a good example of driving from me, although the other guy shouldn’t have pulled out. I was in the other lane before he indicated.

Last edited: