Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Pretty cool...although I'm more amazed nobody ploughed into the back of the idiot in the car when he stopped in the overtaking lane after the accident and just parked there.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Another FB gem

If police dont pursue this one and have them removed from the roads permanently, something is seriously ****ed up with or legal system

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Need to get a new camera for the wife's car... having not been impressed with the £15 eBay effort anything worth looking at around the £50 mark?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I bought a Rexing camera for my dads car recently, front and rear recording for around £70

Seems to be ok, rear camera isnt great quality although I just stuck it to rear view mirror which is far from ideal. Would probably be ok if routed to the actual rear window.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Need to get a new camera for the wife's car... having not been impressed with the £15 eBay effort anything worth looking at around the £50 mark?
Get a transcend. 100 times better than the cheap crap. I have one if you wanna look at it.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
May eventually get a 313 for myself but I just know rightly she won't look near it unless there's a collision etc

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Got the 412gw the other day,I think the wifi is a load of cack,something that'll never be used
The wifi is handy for displaying the camera on your phone. I have the transcend app. Means you can watch on a larger screen without needing to download to a pc. You could show a cop at the scene a full hd video on your phone.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I find the wifi very convenient on the blackvue. From setting up the camera and changing settings via the phone app through to watching clips and saving them onto your phone for transfer to computer or direct upload (y)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I grabbed one of those nextbase 312s for the van this evening.

I'll hardware it myself as I'm not paying £20 for a wee step down transformer and a fuse, when you can get the component parts for less than a tenner from Amazon etc.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia

I'll hardware it myself as I'm not paying £20 for a wee step down transformer and a fuse, when you can get the component parts for less than a tenner from Amazon etc.

Just solder two wires onto the 12v cigarette lighter attachment that comes with it and hard wire those,same thing and free (y)

Last edited:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully

If I see you any time soon for some of that snow foam scent or if you're down dropping stuff to Mark etc I can give you a couple of bits to fit them (see quote below) that are easily reversible.

You can get an 'add a circuit' from the likes of eBay.

View attachment 71432

And if you get a camera that already has a plug socket on it then you can get one of these from eBay too.

View attachment 71433

Then it's just a case of hiding the excess wiring behind the dash and everything can be put back to standard in minutes with no worries about dodgey connections or in cabin fires ;)

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I must try and cut some footage of a bad accident I was behind a few months back, the sad thing is I feel sorry for anyone seriously hurt. The crash was 60mph head on to a bin lorry and another car to the side. The people around was useless no one helped much, police weren't great ambulance was poor. I spoke with the paramedic and run him through the normal age name dob injuries etc he was so shocked someone had done something. I spoke to four cops to say about the camera only one seem to cared.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
I must try and cut some footage of a bad accident I was behind a few months back, the sad thing is I feel sorry for anyone seriously hurt. The crash was 60mph head on to a bin lorry and another car to the side. The people around was useless no one helped much, police weren't great ambulance was poor. I spoke with the paramedic and run him through the normal age name dob injuries etc he was so shocked someone had done something. I spoke to four cops to say about the camera only one seem to cared.
useless when it came to my accident. report wasnt worth a ****. by time i seen a solicitor he said it was my word v his even after a report blaming him. jut as well id a witness. u ever catch an accident again youd be betterf off givin someone your number and get them to contact you for the video.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Just solder two wires onto the 12v cigarette lighter attachment that comes with it and hard wire those,same thing and free (y)

Exactly what I've done with both of mine. A good slap of insulating tape around it and hidden behind the dash.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

But if your car wasnt taxed or MOT and you were at the scene.....I bet they'd be interested. Or if you'd been speeding somewhere nearby but had nothing whatsoever to do with the accident....they'd be interested.

Although with regards cameras and the evidence....I wouldnt be offering it to anyone until I had a backup secured. If at the scene you did mention to a cop....they might want to seize the card. Now that may be all good and well...but I wouldnt trust them having the only copy of some proper evidence.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
But if your car wasnt taxed or MOT and you were at the scene.....I bet they'd be interested. Or if you'd been speeding somewhere nearby but had nothing whatsoever to do with the accident....they'd be interested.

Although with regards cameras and the evidence....I wouldnt be offering it to anyone until I had a backup secured. If at the scene you did mention to a cop....they might want to seize the card. Now that may be all good and well...but I wouldnt trust them having the only copy of some proper evidence.

Me too, they'd probably lose it, corrupt the card or something else. I'd be saying nothing but if they saw the camera and demanded the sd card there and then I'd stick it up my arse and tell them it's there if they want it.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
It took a week for them to contact me with regards to it, asked for a statement but I never seen it the camera having the wide lens caught it before I did. Left them the footage never heard anything more that's a good few months. I'll try cut the footage tonight.