Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Passed that myself. I'm surprised far more of them dont tip over, as even though hay isnt that heavy, there's still bound to be a fair weight in each bale and they do stack them far too high. There's no way it can be safe.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback

Thoughts on how he managed this? Dry road. The bike actually looked to have NY plates on it as he passed me. My thoughts are he didn't see the bend until the last minute and was maybe heavy on the brakes and skidded on the cats eye?

Looked a lot worse in real life. Me and my dad were like 'WOW HOLY ****' and when I showed footage to other passenger they couldn't believe we made such a big deal about such a seemingly minor thing

cupraricky

RMS Regular

Thoughts on how he managed this? Dry road. The bike actually looked to have NY plates on it as he passed me. My thoughts are he didn't see the bend until the last minute and was maybe heavy on the brakes and skidded on the cats eye?

Looked a lot worse in real life. Me and my dad were like 'WOW HOLY ****' and when I showed footage to other passenger they couldn't believe we made such a big deal about such a seemingly minor thing

Probably the white line, any moisture at all and they r like an ice rink, especially hitting one on a bend.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
^100% correct. white line for sure...even in the dry it can be greasy and with virtually zero texture for the tyre to grip and bite into it.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
I've hit mine a few times and no issues. If it starts to fold u just move from the ball of your foot on the peg to your toes without any drama

i've done it a few times too and no problem other than a bit of a surprise. Now, on my bicycle, i've crashed twice from getting it wrong and scraping pedal on the ground while trying to pedal through a fast turn, pedal doesn't fold and just steps the rear out and there's no coming back :/

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various

I reckon it was the devil's vomit.....DIESEL.

NotKG

Banned
big tourers can slide quite hapily, your bolt upright and it seems the best thing to do is let it. when it happens on a head-down sports, you usually crap yourself.
it happens me a lot when i drag the brake through a bend with combined brakes.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Don't see what all the fuss is about. Its only a minor step out, he probably did'nt even feel it much. It could have been caused by new rear tyre not scrubbed in properly or as said before touching a white line. I don't think he'd have been touching cloth though, with something as tiny as that.