Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Supposedly he got away then later on in the day he assaulted someone outside the courthouse by firing cones 😂😂😂 then started running through the town, below is the result

The driver of the police car was too busy freaking out to jam on the brakes and put a stop to it.
I suspect questions will be asked why the passenger was recording with their personal phone while on duty

Looks like two losers with college degrees who should be back in the office filing records.
Patrolling the streets ain't no place for guys like that.
Got this sent on what's app, stomach went weak with the aftermath. I'll leave it up to you to work it out

It's that moment when he seems to realise he got his ballsack ripped off.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Supposedly he got away then later on in the day he assaulted someone outside the courthouse by firing cones 😂😂😂 then started running through the town, below is the result

The driver of the police car was too busy freaking out to jam on the brakes and put a stop to it.
I suspect questions will be asked why the passenger was recording with their personal phone while on duty

What should he film it with ? Where does it say it is his personal phone ?

Really...considering the potential consequences of being rammed....surely it would have been time to get the gun out nevermind a camera ?
You'd assume the cars would also have cameras onboard anyway

daz8161

RMS Regular
I'm looking to get a dash camera for the front and rear which can be hardwired in. Any recommendations on what you guys are using at the moment? Looking to spend less than £200 fitted if possible.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Anything from next base is handy with the user interface especially with the WiFi and all that you can take it from the camera through the phone straight away. They'll do deals on them on their own website or Halfords will do deals the odd time.

daz8161

RMS Regular
Thanks is there somewhere that will fit them and hide all the wires too? Sorry for the silly questions, don't know anything about dash cameras so not sure what features or models to go for...

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Halfords will fit them you or any mechanic really just need a live fuse space. I've a 422gw they've changed models again but anything is better than nothing most will run 1080p and 140 degree lens to catch most of the road. You can fit them yourself as there's a good few on here that's done them

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@daz8161 where abouts are you?

I've got a nextbase 512gw (been superceded with the 522gw now) which I'd recommend. Had it wired in by Andrews Car Electrics in Newtownards. They did a cracking job hiding the wires and positioning the camera so I can barely see the camera from the drivers seat... I didn't trust myself taking apart trim on a basically new E class Coupe.

I know Nextbase do a rear cam for this camera too.

Last edited:

daz8161

RMS Regular
@daz8161 where abouts are you?

I've got a nextbase 512gw (been superceded with the 522gw now) which I'd recommend. Had it wired in by Andrews Car Electrics in Newtownards. They did a cracking job hiding the wires and positioning the camera so I can barely see the camera from the drivers seat... I didn't trust myself taking apart trim on a basically new E class Coupe.

I know Nextbase do a rear cam for this camera too.

I'm located in Bangor. I'm looking at the Xiaomi 70MAI A800 seems like a cheaper alternative to the Nextbase models. Do you remember how much it was roughly to have it wired in by them for the front and rear?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I only got the front wired in. Was around £40 or so from memory, I provided a wiring kit though. Was cheap for the piece of mind that if I broke a bit if interior trim (likely) it would cost me more to replace.

daz8161

RMS Regular
I only got the front wired in. Was around £40 or so from memory, I provided a wiring kit though. Was cheap for the piece of mind that if I broke a bit if interior trim (likely) it would cost me more to replace.

Great thanks. Im guessing the cameras dont generally come with a hardwiring kit? And if I needed to buy a wiring kit they will work with all types of dash cameras?

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Hardwire kit will be an extra.
My car has a 12v socket in the passenger footwell and another in the boot. Makes wiring handy.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I fitted the 522 kit with the rear camera and hardwire kit to the Civic. Very straight forward. Hardwire runs from the internal fuse box, then ran the wire for the rear camera through the headliner then through the boot rubber that the wiring goes through. Turned out a very tidy job and took just a couple of hours.

20200402_182813.jpg

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
You can do the vast majority of cable hiding without removing any trim at all, just pushing it in behind bits. Some cameras come with a trim tool to help with it. Up from camera to head cloth, across to A pillar and down that to the trim on whatever side the box is on. Excess wire can be cable tied and secured in place under/behind dash.

If you use one of the add a fuse / tap a circuit wires from your fuse box and run it to a 12volt cigarette lighter style plug then you have your own hardwire kit for buttons. No wires need cut and it’s all easily removable.

Nextbase rear cameras are powered from the front and you can run the wire up and over each door or down and under trim near the carpet. And excess can usually be pushed into trim voids.

If you go for front and rear then make sure you get a proper SD card for it. The high quality and high speed writing x2 can take a toll quickly and some dual cameras just don’t operate without a U3 card.

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
What should he film it with ? Where does it say it is his personal phone ?

Really...considering the potential consequences of being rammed....surely it would have been time to get the gun out nevermind a camera ?
You'd assume the cars would also have cameras onboard anyway

@stevieturbo
You've answered your own question. As you hear hes roaring bodycam bodycam, also in that vehicle there's front and rear dash cam so no real need to record it on a phone.

In regards to your question about were does it say its a personal phone. The fact it was sent out by the officer to others friends within minutes of the incident etc suggests the fact that it was indeed their personal phone as a psni supplied handset has restrictions in place on the device preventing sending of potentially sensitive data to another source

daz8161

RMS Regular
So finally bought the 70mai A800 4k dash camera and looks like a nice piece of kit. I wanted to get the position of the camera set up myself and get someone to hardwire it in. Are there any members here who do this sorta thing? Also the hardwire kit that came with the camera has exposed wire ends that I guess are meant to wrap around the fuse legs but I read it is better to use a fuse tap instead. Does anyone know if I can add this onto the end wires on the hardwire kit?

Attachments

• 20201204_181834.jpg
    20201204_181834.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 44

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
So finally bought the 70mai A800 4k dash camera and looks like a nice piece of kit. I wanted to get the position of the camera set up myself and get someone to hardwire it in. Are there any members here who do this sorta thing? Also the hardwire kit that came with the camera has exposed wire ends that I guess are meant to wrap around the fuse legs but I read it is better to use a fuse tap instead. Does anyone know if I can add this onto the end wires on the hardwire kit?
@Cartunes