Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Mophead driver is a wab imo. Why would you even entertain passing the horses. Wouldn't matter why they are there it's a **** move trying to go around.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around

2 idiots showing no responsibility for what was clearly going to happen at some point, the driver of the van could not have seen the load at the top.

It just missed the cyclist and they nearly wet themselves laughing ......................arseholes. Typical of some people in this day and age!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Close call there, Aughnacloy direction i think it said

And the blind dangerous asshole just drives off to try and kill someone else.

I really hope the police hunt that p***k down as it's clear they didnt even attempt to look either direction.
Gotta love the way the bloke who has just escaped death carries on as if nothing has just happened. I'd have filled my trunks.
Zero conscience, they'll be happy to try and kill someone else.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I'd argue without the cameras if the van had hit it would be 100% at fault. With the camera footage I'd go 50/50 as overtook coming on a junction but your man just sailed out without due care.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I'd argue without the cameras if the van had hit it would be 100% at fault. With the camera footage I'd go 50/50 as overtook coming on a junction but your man just sailed out without due care.
The lorry driver would be a witness to the sprinter pulling the dodgy overtaking move.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
you shouldn't overtake at a junction both are at fault there.

It's a give way junction. The car neither gave way, looked, attempted to look on the main carriageway. It is 100% their fault, and they are 100% a blind dangerous **** who will kill someone some day

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
It's a give way junction. The car neither gave way, looked, attempted to look on the main carriageway. It is 100% their fault, and they are 100% a blind dangerous **** who will kill someone some day
I agree he’s blind and dangerous you should always look both ways. Thee van is still breaking the law and overtaking dangerously at a junction. They would both carry responsibility in an accident.

brendy

RMS Regular
To me, the overtaking manoeuvre was started in a safe manner, the Burgundy wonder showed a momentary lack of road sense and awareness.
Both parties will hopefully learn from the experience.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
To me, the overtaking manoeuvre was started in a safe manner, the Burgundy wonder showed a momentary lack of road sense and awareness.
Both parties will hopefully learn from the experience.

It wasn’t started as safe as you should not overtake while approaching a junction

I’d agree that both are at fault though

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I remember reading in an advanced driving book that you should only overtake a car when the oncoming lane is clear (obvs) and when you have passed any right hand junction openings. Some tend to only look to the right when turning left at a junction and this video proves that.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I remember reading in an advanced driving book that you should only overtake a car when the oncoming lane is clear (obvs) and when you have passed any right hand junction openings. Some tend to only look to the right when turning left at a junction and this video proves that.

That's the common sense approach versus putting your life into someone else's hands. Idiotic from both drivers there.

Van did well to swerve round the other car, many others would have just slammed the brakes on.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

I really doubt that car looked any direction.

But would love to know what happened the van, if they did make it out unscathed.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I really doubt that car looked any direction.

But would love to know what happened the van, if they did make it out unscathed.
I’m curious about the van too. Even if there was nothing in the way for it to hit it has to have ended up on its side.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
999 straight away but couldn't give a description because it went by that quick and it was dark. She's just told me that someone in work passed the same car at loughbrickland on the wrong side of the road. That video of mine is closer to newry
ps, it's a cheapie ebay cam so doesn't hold the date and time

Last edited: