Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Wonder who is at fault there
Car was on or over the line, but if that seed drill (or whatever it is) was sticking out wide without a warning sign then I'd be arguing it was the tractors fault.
Car driver might have had a liquid lunch by the looks of his driving.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Car was on or over the line, but if that seed drill (or whatever it is) was sticking out wide without a warning sign then I'd be arguing it was the tractors fault.
Car driver might have had a liquid lunch by the looks of his driving.
Car was on his own side of the road at point on impact IMO. a lot of over the line prior to that though but yeh looked tipsy, couldnt keep a straight line

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-11-21 at 13.13.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-21 at 13.13.53.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 116

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Lack of correct lane usage from car and bike. The black car just went through a right turn lane only, and the bike goes straight on in a left turn lane only.

Last edited:

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Lack of correct lane usage from car and bike. The black car just went through a right turn lane only, and the bike goes straight on in a left turn lane only.

I think the only time those 2 roundabouts are used correctly is on Driving Tests! No one uses them correctly.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I know its been said plenty but driving standards are feckin woeful now. Was on the M2 hill section last week going downhill at 70+vat and had a bloke with his Mrs/gf in the passenger seat buried up my back bumper flashing his lights and shaking his fist at me. I was overtaking cars that were in the middle lane and looking for a gap to pull in when a white van did a three lane shuffle to undertake the car in the middle lane that I was overtaking lol. It was like whacky races and I wasn't hanging around I had thought.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
I know its been said plenty but driving standards are feckin woeful now. Was on the M2 hill section last week going downhill at 70+vat and had a bloke with his Mrs/gf in the passenger seat buried up my back bumper flashing his lights and shaking his fist at me. I was overtaking cars that were in the middle lane and looking for a gap to pull in when a white van did a three lane shuffle to undertake the car in the middle lane that I was overtaking lol. It was like whacky races and I wasn't hanging around I had thought.
i love siting in front of people like this and just watching them get angrier and angrier

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
This is a very common manoeuvre on Sundays on the Upper Newtownards Road when the bus lane is not active. Drivers coasting along slowly in the outside lane then indicate left and turn straight across the inside land into a side street. I'm always trying to decide if I should continue my journey in the inside lane at 30mph even if it means passing a car on the inside lane (undertaking). You are right though, it is good practice to anticipate but sometimes the indicator comes late. And as Thomas_lad says, indicators can be missed due to the A pillar, and the trend for smaller indicators on some vehicles.

Couple that with the fact the inside lane car (driving normally and doing the right thing) could well be in the offending drivers blindspot, it turns the "minor mistake" of a driver not acknowledging that the bus lane is inactive into a potential for a big accident.

Personally I think the big thick white line up the middle of the road is the main cause as people see this and don't read the blue signs. Not sure of how to solve this in the short term, but I do know new drivers are being taught about this by instructors. Perhaps an LED lit blue sign saying "BUS LANE NOT IN USE" or something.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Winds me up too - IMO the bus lane should be turned into a commuter lane where 2-3+ occupants in a car can use the bus lane all day

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
i love siting in front of people like this and just watching them get angrier and angrier
Why? Why be combative on the roads. We all have to use them, and holding people up just for the sake of it is a fairly off thing to do.

You don't know their reasons that they want past - imagine that one of their family has been rushed to hospital and God forbid they won't last long.

Imagine that was you trying to get to the hospital as quick as you can, with a car holding you up - laughing at you.

Does it seem smart now?

Just let them past for f**ks sake. It keeps them off your bumper and lets them get on.

F**ks me off no end the standard of general driving in and around Belfast (everywhere is getting back I know), little to no consideration for other road users, being combative for no good reason.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Why? Why be combative on the roads. We all have to use them, and holding people up just for the sake of it is a fairly off thing to do.

You don't know their reasons that they want past - imagine that one of their family has been rushed to hospital and God forbid they won't last long.

Imagine that was you trying to get to the hospital as quick as you can, with a car holding you up - laughing at you.

Does it seem smart now?

Just let them past for f**ks sake. It keeps them off your bumper and lets them get on.

F**ks me off no end the standard of general driving in and around Belfast (everywhere is getting back I know), little to no consideration for other road users, being combative for no good reason.
Firstly, Yes it does seem smart, rein yourself in Dr Phil.

If someone genuinely just drives up behind me and is looking to overtake i'd happily pull over, but when you can tell it some wee smicker acting a c*nt and flashing the lights giving hand gestures etc, i'll happily sit in front of them. There has been plenty of occasions i have been in a rush, including to get to a hospital that i dont drive up peoples holws flashing and flipping them off

eamon343

RMS Regular

Does it seem smart now?

Thats what i think of when i see someone bombing along the motorway. 95% chance they are a t**t, but a chance they aren't and I'm not here to judge so wont hold anyone up