Decent wheel cleaner

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
If anyone want proof of the quality of the Anachem product,

This wheel after 4 or 5 applications of Wonder Wheels
20170615_093455_HDR.jpg
Almost no difference from when I started, apart from clean baked on brake dust

After only 1 good applications of Stone Brite the difference is clear to see
20170615_184408_HDR.jpg

Would highly recommend Tarminator for the sticker residue and clean-up.

That will be my next purchase I think

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I’m shortly putting two cars away into storage and so today decided to wash them.

Unfortunately the wheels of one has quite a bit of baked on brake detritus in the spoke corners which is apparently impossible to remove.

So far today I have used Bilberry, Smart Wheels, Dragons Breath, yet this crud remains, along with a faint brown stain like on a smokers fingers.

Question is- what is the absolute best wheel cleaner/ iron remover/ product that I need to get this job done?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
If all those have failed, you need an acidic wheel cleaner.

@Big Pimp has a product called Stone Brite or Ultrabrite, can't remember which name it goes by now. I'd say it'll work.

Concept Super Alloy would also take it off I reckon, it's quite acidic.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
If all those have failed, you need an acidic wheel cleaner.

@Big Pimp has a product called Stone Brite or Ultrabrite, can't remember which name it goes by now. I'd say it'll work.

Concept Super Alloy would also take it off I reckon, it's quite acidic.

Do you sell the concept super alloy?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Will bump this too....

After a year with a different rear disc/pad combo...this has left copious quantities of caked on disc/pad material on my back wheels.

Wonder wheels doesnt even touch it, only trying to scrape it off seems to do anything...and even that really is a struggle.

What's the most aggressive cleaner out there ?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Purge isn't really just a wheel cleaner, and if there's caked on brake deposits it won't lift the really bad stuff.

You need something caustic.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Purge isn't really just a wheel cleaner, and if there's caked on brake deposits it won't lift the really bad stuff.

You need something caustic.

I’d be surprised if it doesn’t lift even the heaviest but I’ll add in a wee bottle of UltraBrite which will get rid of everything!

You need to be very careful with caustic though - it will literally strip paint!

Think it was Pac-Man years ago who stripped 1.9GTi wheels with caustic!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I’m shortly putting two cars away into storage and so today decided to wash them.

Unfortunately the wheels of one has quite a bit of baked on brake detritus in the spoke corners which is apparently impossible to remove.

So far today I have used Bilberry, Smart Wheels, Dragons Breath, yet this crud remains, along with a faint brown stain like on a smokers fingers.

Question is- what is the absolute best wheel cleaner/ iron remover/ product that I need to get this job done?
Look at the results from the post above you.

I have the answer to your problems

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
One more vote for @Big Pimp stuff, best wheel cleaner i have ever seen and use it without any issues on my wheels!

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Must buy some more products from you @Big Pimp
Hard to beat the car shampoo and Ultragloss. Should I try some Stonebrite or Purge for my alloys which have a splattering of red gloss paint where previous owner drove over a can?
Can it be used on paintwork as few red specks on that too?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Must buy some more products from you @Big Pimp
Hard to beat the car shampoo and Ultragloss. Should I try some Stonebrite or Purge for my alloys which have a splattering of red gloss paint where previous owner drove over a can?
Can it be used on paintwork as few red specks on that too?
Cellulose thinners for the paint. Get paint if then rinse quickly. I know this as had to get bright yellow paint off the wife’s car from a bollard that was at “funny” angle.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@MarkP - pas @Boabybooster says, some thinners or even tarminator on a microfibre cloth and clean it spot by spot is the safest way of doing it

@Lyons, believe it or not UltraBrite is completely safe on all metals and you could wash your car with it if you were brave enough!

I wouldn’t do it, although I had a customer who had his car splattered with a cement lorry and it dried and hardened and UB took 99% of it off with no agitation!

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I have that billberry wheel cleaner and have to say it's crap haha it literally just removes what I could remove with a cloth never touches the brake dust no matter what percentage I put it on and the dwell time.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I have that billberry wheel cleaner and have to say it's crap haha it literally just removes what I could remove with a cloth never touches the brake dust no matter what percentage I put it on and the dwell time.

I would agree and I have seen it damage an alloy over a period of time.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
The absolute best wheel cleaner you can use is your own urine. When I get up on Sunday mornings the first thing I do is pish into my Megs spray bottle in preparation for cleaning my car.

Just spray on, leave it to dwell and hose off. No need to agitate and get pish everywhere.(y)

You’re Welcome RMS.

Lee

RMS Regular
I'm probably way behind the times but I just use normal TFR watered way way down. Always does the trick even if the car even hasn't been washed in ages.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.