Decent wheel cleaner

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hippyross

RMS Regular
I wouldn’t be risking Stonebrite on paintwork.
Is stone bright just hydrochloric acid? If it is I use it on paint work and at the end of the day your wheels are painted. I would keep it away from any unpainted surface tbh

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I have a sample of KKD Brake Away which I’ve been using, very very good stuff.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Did Stonebright go on the automotive site yet? I can't find it, thought apols if it's there and I'm missing it
Not yet mate. As it’s a specific type of acid I want to put a disclaimer on the website prior to purchase. If you’re after just it send me a PM with your details and we can sort it from there!

I have a sample of KKD Brake Away which I’ve been using, very very good stuff.
A very good product I have previously tried myself. But be careful as it is not safe for use on polished or diamond cut finishes and not safe for soft metals like aluminium

It’s described as non acid in the tag line so people think that’s safe but instead it’s highly alkaline which can be just as dangerous if not more because of the surfactants etc. used.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
D6809F9F-6BC6-420B-A76B-C437AED02339.jpeg

Shout out for Meg’s Wheel Brightener.
I rarely use anything other than suds but I’ve tried quite a few and this stuff is great for baked on brake dust.

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
I tried out Armorall Shield wheel cleaner. It's a fallout remover too, just spray onto the wheels and leave a few minutes then rinse away. Trie dit on wheels that hadn't been cleaned since Hallowe'en and it left them sparkling

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
A very good product I have previously tried myself. But be careful as it is not safe for use on polished or diamond cut finishes and not safe for soft metals like aluminium

It’s described as non acid in the tag line so people think that’s safe but instead it’s highly alkaline which can be just as dangerous if not more because of the surfactants etc. used.

Oh really? I knew it was alkaline but didn’t think it would have so much effect of aluminium wheels. I’ll not be using it on the new wheels I’ve fitted in that case! Anything else you recommend?!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Oh really? I knew it was alkaline but didn’t think it would have so much effect of aluminium wheels. I’ll not be using it on the new wheels I’ve fitted in that case! Anything else you recommend?!
To be honest it’s probably fine, but I’d just be careful with it (as with any product to be fair to it) although they do say on their own site not for use on sensitive finishes.
816829A3-769E-4AC6-BA59-502E30245813.jpeg

Boksic

RMS Regular
MRO.jpg

Sadly I'm admitting that I have used this on caked on dusty wheels a few times..
Does an absolutely fantastic job, but you have to be careful with it (definitely not idiot proof)
I'm sure if used regularly it could possibly be damaging to paint (though it doesn't damaged painted surfaces inside ovens etc so maybe not)

@Big Pimp stonebrite is meant to be the job, it's mentioned in near every thread on here about wheel cleaning and that amount of recognition says it all really

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.