Deep Black Pearl VW Mk7.5 R

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
So I sold the Performance Pack GTI last week, and collected this shortly after - Pre WLTP 310hp DSG mk7.5 R with nice and low mileage.

I’ll actually miss the GTI as I had it quite a while and it never me down in the 5+ years I had it, but onwards and upwards.

Initial impressions, very nice place to sit and the power is noticeably more as well. The digital dash and large screen head unit really freshen things up as well.

No plans really other than drive and enjoy it as it will be my daily for everything.

I’m tempted to maybe go full Birmingham spec with black 19” Pretorias, but for now I’m really liking my white gold Oz Ultraleggera HLTs. I think it works quite well and looks quite agressive(?) with the Pearl black.

Some obligatory pictures - I’ll get better ones in daylight.

8A88EEC0-7393-4A3F-8B58-DDD72BC2AD19.jpeg

9239EC6D-6F1C-49BD-90DA-F6FCF1C9891B.jpeg

steaa

RMS Regular
OP
steaa
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Thanks all. Really liking it so far. Great cruising thing on the motorway too.

I gave it a quick coat of Meguairs liquid ceramic I had sitting about to keep me ticking over for a while. I’ll get it booked in somewhere for a proper coating in the near future though.

A daylight picture finally-

BFEB1BE7-D742-45FF-8B0F-D3DA6D2A5ECC.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Just noticing your wind deflectors - if you didn't know, mk7 golfs suffer a lot from water ingress, mainly through the rear badge and light seals however can leak in rear doors and wind deflectors are a contributing factor

steaa

RMS Regular
OP
steaa
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Shiny new wheel bolts were purchased a few weeks back as the ones I had on were losing their shine.

That aside I’m mainly just keeping it clean and enjoying it.

The only two things coming up in the near future…
- My winter tires are still on the VW Clubsport Belvedere wheels I have, and one of those needs a refurb so that’ll get booked in with MJE wheel repair at some point.
- Dash cam installed.

All shined up yesterday with Gyeon Q2 Wax, and Q2 Tire along with Anachems Glass & Trim

1780D58C-619A-4DE7-822D-75FB4275779C.jpeg

F713271C-9608-44CE-AB25-F106323FC61C.jpeg

steaa

RMS Regular
OP
steaa
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Winter spec ❄️

Decided to put the 18” Clubsport Belvedere wheels on with the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 winter tires as it’s to be very cold for the foreseeable and I’m well away from any gritted roads.

I wasn’t sure how they’d look on the R they look good now that I see them on. One is in need of a refurb but the dirt will hide the blemishes for now.

9425F64C-61FF-4D34-99A0-A22B41577184.jpeg

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Was behind this today for a while. Thought the plate was from on here. Nice wee note off it