DELETE

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Not that it’s helpful in anyway but if someone was coming to see a car I was selling and they liberated a diagnostic computer to stick into it, I’d be looking a serious amount of non refundable deposit incase they wrecked the car or decided to do some trickery with the keys/immobiliser.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Not that it’s helpful in anyway but if someone was coming to see a car I was selling and they liberated a diagnostic computer to stick into it, I’d be looking a serious amount of non refundable deposit incase they wrecked the car or decided to do some trickery with the keys/immobiliser.
Nobody’s stealing that Volvo of yours no matter how much you want them to.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

I had a complete bellend come to view my RS4 and that's what he did, I could have punched him.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
I also wouldn’t be happy or let someone put their own diagnostic computer into my car either incase they wrecked something.

Doubt a dealer would let you do it so why would a private seller.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Looks OK on the Facebook ad. Paint could do with a detail and as usual the disc bells have rusted but otherwise OK.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
I also wouldn’t be happy or let someone put their own diagnostic computer into my car either incase they wrecked something.

Doubt a dealer would let you do it so why would a private seller.
Done it before private’s and dealer plus had it done with mine. Jeez last guy I dealt with had one and a paint depth meter and checked every panel multiple times before buying it

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
I had a complete bellend come to view my RS4 and that's what he did, I could have punched him.
In that case, I’ll ask the guy first before going over and get his permission. Good point. Honestly didn’t realise how folks dislike it so much. Lesson learned there 👍

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
In that case, I’ll ask the guy first before going over and get his permission. Good point. Honestly didn’t realise how folks dislike it so much. Lesson learned there 👍

My issue was more the way the guy was acting, just a know it all t**t, he then went on to moan about some error codes that the dealer had obviously never cleared, then started criticising the car for these faults.

I had nothing to hide so didn't mind him doing it, he did ask me permission which I was happy to give.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Looks OK on the Facebook ad. Paint could do with a detail and as usual the disc bells have rusted but otherwise OK.

Just read that myself. Unmarked alloys...lucky guy must not have a wife :grinning:

Reactions: DC.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
I have plugged in the all the new age imprezas I’ve bought recently bar one , and that’s cuz I bought it as a non runner. It perfectly acceptable IMO