Delphi Brake Disks?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JB_VXR

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa Mito+e63 M6
Hey folks,

Bit of a random question. Anyone heard of Delphi brake disks? Is there any reason I shouldn't use them to replace the VXL ones currently on the VXR (which are worn and need replaced)?

Just trying not to get ripped off by the stealers so sourcing others.

Cheers folks,
JB (p.s. its my birthday so no slaggin' cause I don't know my brake disk manufacturers :p)

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Delphi (Lockheed) are pretty good value for money TBH.

A lot of OEM parts are manufactured by Delphi including filters, steering & suspension parts and brakes.

We sell an awful lot of Delphi stuff every day and very rarely get any faulty items back (unlike Ferodo).

JB_VXR

RMS Regular
OP
JB_VXR
Drives
Alfa Mito+e63 M6
Cheers mate. Current options seem to be the VXL ones, Mintex or Delphi at the minute. From what I hear, Delphi over Mintex??

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Mintex aren't bad either mate.

What you'll find if you go for a Mintex pad / disc combo is that they use a much harder brake compound than most manufacturers with a lot more brass.

This suits some people down to the ground as the brakes will take a good bit more punishing but the obvious downsides to this are that the pads will lack initial bite until they get up to operating temperature, they eat brake discs, create a lot of dust and can squeal quite a bit when grinding to a halt.

Horses for courses but I'd go for the Delphi personally.

Are you changing pads too?

JB_VXR

RMS Regular
OP
JB_VXR
Drives
Alfa Mito+e63 M6
Mintex aren't bad either mate.

What you'll find if you go for a Mintex pad / disc combo is that they use a much harder brake compound than most manufacturers with a lot more brass.

This suits some people down to the ground as the brakes will take a good bit more punishing but the obvious downsides to this are that the pads will lack initial bite until they get up to operating temperature, they eat brake discs, create a lot of dust and can squeal quite a bit when grinding to a halt.

Horses for courses but I'd go for the Delphi personally.

Are you changing pads too?

Yea, I need disks for the front and pads all round. Dealer quoted me £400 ! ! Incl fitting tho I assume. Also quoted me £60 for wipers, £30 for brake fluid and told me I need new tyres which are Eagle F1's and have only 6.5k on em' ! ! !

Rage-o-hol.

From what I can tell, the standard discs are "Ventilated Disc 322mm x 28mm - VXR"

Cess

RMS Staff
I'm pretty sure Delphi were once owned by the General Motors group. Same as AC Delco.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
it was also sold a few months later :p At that stage the cheapest big brakes where 1400+ delivery + fitting.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.