Detailer essentials

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Over these last few months I've really started to build up my detailing enthusiasm. Previously, I was happy with a wash and the odd polish and wax, but that's no longer good enough.

In the last wee while I've learned, what i think is, loads about detailing, correcting, finishing, protecting and maintaining the inside and outside of my car and bikes. For what I've learned so far, I know there's a much larger depth of things yet to learn.

One thing I have learned is, there are loads of items available that help ease the process of cleaning and maintaining. What are the things/products you find most useful to make your job easier?

I'm currently looking to add detailing brushes for inside and out. Wheel brushes, dash/vent brushes etc.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Good quality micro fibres for anything bodywork related and take care of them they’ll last you an age

Was always told not to wash them with softener

Don’t get hung up on a particular brand, each brand will have certain products that work or work for you

Neil_M

RMS Regular
A good hose, hose reel and spray gun. Even for routine washes the tools make life much easier.

A good hoover and preferably one that can shampoo carpets is incredibly useful, also good fun on cold lonely nights.

A few buckets, wheels, wash and rinse.

Cloths / towels. Good drying towels, buffing towels and even cheap disposable cloths go a long way.

Then build up what you need, buy tools based on what you feel you could do with...

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
For washing, this powerhouse reel from @Cleantec is fantastic. Takes away the nuisance and maddening experience of the crappy hose kinking/ curling and carrying the washer itself half way around the car.
Pull out, reel in, job jobbed’

46D10A02-0DBF-4957-BD1E-9114B326365C.jpeg

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Thing that helped me a lot was buying concentrates and 7l pump sprayer and having things like tfr / wheel cleaner / spray wax premixed and ready to go.

Next up is make myself a little trolley to hold mitts, towels, buckets and smaller sprayers that I can just roll out and use.

Mark@PD

RMS Regular
Drives
S1 Elise
They are OK but you get what you pay for the wheels come of from time to time but other than that they are good enough, I have the height adjustable one which is pretty good plus the seat spins so its less stress on your back and shoulders when you're moving the polisher. It has added a few years to my back.
How do you find them for wear and tear? They have a couple of different options

Last edited:

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I’d recommend wheel woolies.

They are brilliant, and will outlast any other wheel brushes.

Would you ever consider stocking these Ross?
I bought mine off Slims and they had their name on the handle. Maybe you could have Anachem branded woolies?

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
I’ve been looking into them mate, and I’m asked a manufacturer for a sample to make sure the quality is the same
Alot of people in the detailing community are weary of any whoolies which aren't the real ones. I have a full set of the genuine ones and to be honest I mainly only use the medium one and sometimes the large one. If I were to buy again I would mosy likely just buy the middle one on its own

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.