Detailer/Swirl Removal Coleraine or Ballymoney area

davyk31

RMS Regular
I have just replaced my daily with a Mini Countryman SD. It's white with a black roof. It is overall in great condition but has seen a bit of careless washing and the roof in particular shows a bit of marring as its black but can also see a few swirls on the bonnet. I could probably tidy it myself as I have an unused DA but would be keen to pay someone to tidy it up a bit. Doesn't need to end up mint as its 6 years old but would just like it to look more respectable in the sun.

Any recommendations for someone handy to Coleraine/Garvagh/Ballymoney areas and also what should I expect to pay for the job. Don't really have time to take it to Belfast so PMG not really an option just now.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Davy Tweed is back doing bits and bobs again after his accident AFAIK. Decent lad and does good work

The roofs on MINIs have very thin paint BTW so it they are badly marked there's a limit to far how you can safely push them.

You will pay anywhere between £200-350 for paint correction finished with a sealant/wax

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
Couple of choices around this area, Davy Tweed (DT Valet & Detailing) in Ballymoney as Pete Mentioned, Rodney Tawia (Bathe Detailing) also in Ballymoney or Ivor Hanna (Prowash) in Ballybogey. All good at what they do - Can pm you contact details if you need or simply just look them up on facebook.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Thanks Pete and Jamie. Yes Jamie send me some details please as I'm not on Facebook.

The £200 region would be plenty for this one as its the third car.

Also window tints, who in this area are good for that? Had priced a guy in Coleraine, Tintman I think it was.

Last edited:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Thanks Pete and Jamie. Yes Jamie send me some details please as I'm not on Facebook.

The £200 region would be plenty for this one as its the third car.

Also window tints, who in this area are good for that? Had priced a guy in Coleraine, Tintman I think it was.
Think this guy does detailing as well if it’s who I think it is .possibly Harry Campbell ,has a couple of trucks on the road as well . Does a good job of the tints I have read online .
Just had a look on face book .yes that is him and has a few nice cars on his Facebook that he has done .also doing feynlab ceramic coatings now aswell.

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I have used David Tweed a few times and his work is excellent, hes a decent fella and isnt the hardest to pay.

@Woodcutter recommended Bathe Detailing to me and I have been meaning to get the car into him. His work on Facebook seems excellent.

ATM graphics done tints for me years ago and they were spot on.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Id tints done by Atm in Coleraine.
They had creases and bubbles in their 'sample' glass in showroom.
I asked would that be the standard my car would be left. Was told no.
It was 🙈.
I returned and asked can they redo it. They said sure. I said will it be better with no creases or bubbles. They said no so issued a refund. 😂