Detailing Guides: Swirl Removal,Basic Car Washing Guide, ETC ETC

civic_c

RMS Regular

spartikus

RMS Regular
Drives
mg zt-t 190+
hey guys can anyone point me the way to someone who can do a machine polish as the wee ****s have run there bike up the side of the motor its to much for the scrach remover. help

rosssei

RMS Regular
^^ me or DetailNi are in bangor - both of which im ure wud be more than happy to have a look and advise :grinning:

Jcracing7

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 s line 193 bh
I used 3m ultrafina and it came up a treat I thought
553183_2856508788155_1190850072_n.jpg

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
im not a detailer but im pretty fussy when it comes to polishing paint , so if anyone has any questions im happy to help , just tag me in the question and being a helpful rmser il do my best ...

20130226_120826_zpsc05ec332.jpg

purely paint cleaned then medium hex pad with 3m ultrafina at 3/4 speed . approx 3 hours

5 years old this year paint condition before 5/10 after 8/10

would also like to point out this is purely a help offering , i dont need any bookings and im most deffo not touting for business.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
buy a second hand kestrel das6 for that money easier handled and smaller pad , but anything is better than applying by hand

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
buy a second hand kestrel das6 for that money easier handled and smaller pad , but anything is better than applying by hand

Cheers, I'll have a gander on eBay/Gumtree (y)

Is the above a da? Just incase I can't find the kestrel 2nd hand.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
as far as im aware it is but much slower and will give you hand cramps lol , there is always people on the parts for sale thread selling these or g220,s however the g220,s suffer gearbox problems unless its the mk2

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
as far as im aware it is but much slower and will give you hand cramps lol , there is always people on the parts for sale thread selling these or g220,s however the g220,s suffer gearbox problems unless its the mk2

Cheers bud I'll keep an eye out.

Buy a rotary, da's are just a waste of time IMO

I can only imagine the damage I'd do with a rotary lol

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Broomy

I'm about to buy a DAS 6 just not sure if I want the old one or the pro one. As I'm sure it'll not get a pile of use.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
Cheers bud I'll keep an eye out.

I can only imagine the damage I'd do with a rotary lol

thus the reason i recomend a da , yes da,s are a waste of time for someone how polishes for a living like pete but for someone wanting to cut down on swirls through time you cant go wrong with a da

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
thus the reason i recomend a da , yes da,s are a waste of time for someone how polishes for a living like pete but for someone wanting to cut down on swirls through time you cant go wrong with a da

Got a lend of a das6 from bigsigh tonight (cheers) to give it a blast at the weekend :grinning:

Not aiming for a full on correction, just a good polish to bring back some shine.

Do I need to tape off rubbers and headlights using the da?

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
id pretty much just tape the underside of anything that petrudes ie mirrors handles etc and top of bumpers if your using ultrafina or finese it then its not going to cut much and safe to use on headlights plastics etc

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Anyone recommend something to take years worth of finger prints off my exterior b pillar trim? Got carbon effect ones & they really let the car down when it's cleaned up :worried:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
If its a vinyl give it a wee squirt of g101/soc and give it a light scrub with a softish nail brush, should come up lovely (y)