Detailing Guides: Swirl Removal,Basic Car Washing Guide, ETC ETC

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Machine polishing will definitely improve the look of it. My kids wanted to draw on the door of the CRV with a stone a couple of years ago and a machine polish did a great job in hiding the worst of it.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Machine polishing will definitely improve the look of it. My kids wanted to draw on the door of the CRV with a stone a couple of years ago and a machine polish did a great job in hiding the worst of it.

My worst fear when I am out front with the boys and I have our own cars and other cars there - the youngest is the worst one to watch but thankfully they haven't done anything like that yet (touch wood!!!)

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Guys, when mixing articulate with the ultrafoam for a quick rinse, how much articulate do you put in 1ltr of foam?

25ml?

C.J

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
As far as I can remember its 40:1. So 25mm in 1l is right.

I spray on the Articulate solution at 40:1 and then just foam over the top of it about 5 mins later and let the whole thing soak.

There is something about working out the Panel Impact Ratio for foam but I don’t think it really makes a big difference.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Thanks. Yeah i would usually spray on articulate and foam separately but just for quick winter rinses it would be handy to do them together

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
If you’re doing them both together make it a bit stronger. Not much but say 35ml as with the mix of foam it won’t work just as well as sprayed on first and foamed second.

But for a quick mid week touch less it’ll be fine

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Next question....

I applied Bilt Hamber Dynax UC on suspension components - springs, shocks, arms etc. I did leave it to dry as per the instructions but ive noticed crap sticking to it in places. Rinsing with the hose and water doesnt seem to remove it easily so what can i use for rinsing up round arches etc. Would a mild mix of articulate be ok or would it remove the dynax?

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Next question....

I applied Bilt Hamber Dynax UC on suspension components - springs, shocks, arms etc. I did leave it to dry as per the instructions but ive noticed crap sticking to it in places. Rinsing with the hose and water doesnt seem to remove it easily so what can i use for rinsing up round arches etc. Would a mild mix of articulate be ok or would it remove the dynax?
Tbh I’m not sure on that product but I treated my gtc vxr which is out all seasons with xcp professional rust blocker, goes on like a thick wax and drips for about 2 days until it dries a bit, loads of **** then sticks to it and it looks a bit messy but I made the mistake of thinking it had worn off one day a year back.

Started (tried) to clean it off……**** to a blanket, just cleaned up and re applied to that bit!

The idea of it to spray on and leave it, it just protects everything it covers as long as it’s not scratched off, even the power washer and degreaser won’t shift it, doesn’t look pretty but I can assure you my components and body are pristine under it.