deul voice coils

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

conorZR

hi all got a 15" kicker comp vr 1000watts now im a bit silly at all this wiring and stuff so bare with me. the rear of the sub has 4 connecters 2 black and 2 red now i used 2 have 2 12" kickers in my boot can i stick the connecters that used 2 be in them in 2 the back of the new sub the 12" 1s were single voice coils can sum1 explain or even get pics or a diagram so i can understand

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
ok you have 2 inputs on your sub, one for each voice coil, so you would need to wire it in such a way the wire runs through both from the same channel
basically black is negative and red is posative
if you have the back of the sub sitting in the box wire it normally
if you have the back of the sub sittion out of the box so as you can see the chrome (if there is any) you should wire it back to front to allow for the difference in air flow

conorZR

OP
conorZR
the sub is 4 ohm the amp is a sony xplod 1000 watt amp think it says that it is stable at 1 ohm i dont have a clue what that means lol

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
dual voice coil is basically two motors moving the one sub. just connect it up as if one pair of terminals was one of your old 12s and the other pair up as if it were the other. any probs pm me or chris suitor.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.