DI Vessels

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
Drives
MINI JCW
Appologies if this has been covered but I can't seem to find any threads

Im looking to get a DI vessel for rinsing the car after washing it.

Is there anywhere local that stock these and what sort of resin would be best?

Also is there a particular brand that is better etc?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I bought a refurbed vessel off ebay, and some vyair resin on t'bay also.

divessels on eBay - for the refurbed vessels

Used it for the first time on Saturday, worked a treat!

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Also been thinking about these. The water at home is wild for leaving spots.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
That sounds handy! are they hard to hook up? do they just act as a pass through filter or do you need to store the water in it for a while so the resin removed the ions from the water?

colin84

RMS Regular
That sounds handy! are they hard to hook up? do they just act as a pass through filter or do you need to store the water in it for a while so the resin removed the ions from the water?

Just a pass through, usually leave using it till the end and give the car a final rinse with it, so as not to use it up too quickly.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
what size is grand for the average user? and can they be used with a power washer?

Marc

RMS Moderator
what size is grand for the average user? and can they be used with a power washer?
I have 2 x 11l vessels.

One with new resin one with old resin.

When the resin goes “off” it filters it to about 30ppm, I then have this connected into the new resin which in turn filters it to 0ppm.

When the new filter starts putting out anything over 10ppm I change out the old filter with new resin and use it as my new filter.

You can put it through the power hose, but I find it better to rinse the car with the powerhouse then give it a final rinse with the filtered water.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I bought a 7L raceglaze one, wish I’d done it years ago, being able to rinse in winter with no water spots when it dries naturally is superb

Marc

RMS Moderator
I get about 6mths out of mine, I also wash the house windows with it too.

It’s just 2 x tanks inline.

C5FAB96B-EE27-498C-8FF5-BAC208451EAD.png

davyk31

RMS Regular
I have a two tank setup as well although you can do just fine with one tank. Reason for the two tanks is so when your resin is spent a little then rather than turf it out you use it as a pre filter which then means the resin in the second filter does not work so hard therefore lasting longer. If just starting off with your first filter buy at least an 11 litre filter and the Vyair ones are a good choice. Replacement resin can be bought from Sureclean in Omagh as carriage from the mainland can be dear.

Well worth the investment. I can wash a black car in bright sun with absolutely no marks left.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Yeah, just uses hoselock fittings, I connect from tap on my outside wall into the tank, then the outlet on the tank to my hose reel.

Marc

RMS Moderator
What sorta money would the replacement resin be for an 11 litre vessel lads?

Thanks
I buy 25kg, does 2 and a bit fills, about £80 maybe.

Once you open the bag I think it tends to go off, so usually split it with a friend of mine who has one.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Whilst he isn’t on here as much, the lad with the glorious teeth @j16jrf is who I got mine from years ago, and is still going fantastically well

davyk31

RMS Regular
I also buy a 25 litre bag but have no issues with it going off. So long as it is sealed and kept in a box so that light does not get to it then it's just fine.