DI Vessels

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
And how do you know the resin is going off? Just by water spots starting to appear again?

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
I’m not sure if I’m missing something here or not, do you not just end up with waterspots after it rains anyway?

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yes once the resin expends you start to get water spots. Or buy a water test meter for about a tenner and test a water sample. Resin takes it down to zero ppm but even 10 to 20 ppm should niot spot much.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I’m not sure if I’m missing something here or not, do you not just end up with waterspots after it rains anyway?

Yes possibly though I've not found rain to leave spots as bad. It's not a way of keeping your car permanently clean though, it will get dirty at some stage again lol

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
Looking into these and notice there are different resins for them. What's the difference between MB-115 & MB-151 resin, and which would be better

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Bumping this...

Although I bought my DI Vessel a while back, I have only started using it recently. Really wish I had bought one sooner, have been able to do a couple of touchless washes and also when I’ve been stuck for time it’s good to be able to just rinse the car off and not need to worry about water spots etc.

One question I do have is, should the Vessel be completely drained of water after each use?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Bumping this...

Although I bought my DI Vessel a while back, I have only started using it recently. Really wish I had bought one sooner, have been able to do a couple of touchless washes and also when I’ve been stuck for time it’s good to be able to just rinse the car off and not need to worry about water spots etc.

One question I do have is, should the Vessel be completely drained of water after each use?
I’ve never, ever drained mine and have no issues

J55NI

RMS Regular
Guys who have replaced resin or purchased vessels did you stick with the MB- 115 resin or did anyone switch to MB-151 resin which is apparently better for hard water areas and car washing?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Had seriously considered one of these but wonder. What about “dirty” rain after you’ve washed the car?

RCT

RMS Regular
Had seriously considered one of these but wonder. What about “dirty” rain after you’ve washed the car?

You will see water marks to an extent with rain yes, but for me the best thing is my wing mirrors don’t have smears on them or stained water. I rinse with mine only and it helps a lot. On my truck the mirrors are quite big and can hold a lot of water, so once I’ve washed it, I don’t have to clean all the glass with a cloth.

I’d definitely recommend one, it’s one of the better things to invest in, before a blow dryer etc. I’ve had a few of the aqua gleam sealed unit ones that ultimate finish sell over the last 10 years, but now have a large professional window cleaning one (with a ppm meter built in), as I do my own house windows and for the solar panels at work when they need doing.

colin84

RMS Regular
Water spots from rain are nowhere near as bad as those from tap water, no comparison. I don't think I could have a black car again without having a filter.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
10% off on eBay (using code: PRICEWIN) at the minute brings the Vyair ones down to £85 odd, so just went ahead and ordered one. Black Cayenne is a pain in the hole to clean - bloody thing is massive.

Where's everyone getting their resin from? Same place or anywhere local to Belfast do it.

J55NI

RMS Regular
10% off on eBay (using code: PRICEWIN) at the minute brings the Vyair ones down to £85 odd, so just went ahead and ordered one. Black Cayenne is a pain in the hole to clean - bloody thing is massive.

Where's everyone getting their resin from? Same place or anywhere local to Belfast do it.
What resin did you opt for?

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
anyone wash their resin when its done (9-12mths time)? i.e. force salt through it to clean and regen the resin? i've maybe got it wrong but thats what a guy at work was telling me anyway.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Used my filter for the first time today. Have to say I'm well impressed, car is spotless and looks like I've dried it but I hosed it down and left it. Windows look proper clean too.

I have a cheap TDS water tester and it's saying my water has gone from 43ppm to 0.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
First use for me too. Very impressed. Went from 120odd to 0!

J55NI

RMS Regular
Used mine this morning and it went from 198 to 10 so not close to the zero I was hoping? Any ideas folks? I went with the mb151 resin which apparently was better for hard water etc.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Used mine this morning and it went from 198 to 10 so not close to the zero I was hoping? Any ideas folks? I went with the mb151 resin which apparently was better for hard water etc.
Mb115 will get you to 0ppm. But it will not last as long as mb151