DI Vessels

davyk31

RMS Regular
No it’s the same resin. Just will last longer if your water is softer as the resin is not working so hard.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Having taken comments on board, I’ll use the hose next time and see how it goes.

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
I got my Di vessel from @j16jrf. I connect it direct to the power hose. No issues with it and I've had it since 2013. Usually get well over a year with each resin refill as well. But I live in softer water areas. Can't recommend it enough

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I got my Di vessel from @j16jrf. I connect it direct to the power hose. No issues with it and I've had it since 2013. Usually get well over a year with each resin refill as well. But I live in softer water areas. Can't recommend it enough

What size vessel did you get and do you remember what you paid for it?

davyk31

RMS Regular
An 11 litre vessel should be as small as you go and costs about £100 for a filled vessel. Replacement resin is about £80 for a 25 litre bag so you get nearly 3 refills from that. A bigger vessel is better again but then costs more to fill each time. I have an 11 litre and a 16 litre to keep using the older resin as a pre filter which saves the good resin for longer as it doesn’t have to work so hard.

Marc

RMS Moderator
An 11 litre vessel should be as small as you go and costs about £100 for a filled vessel. Replacement resin is about £80 for a 25 litre bag so you get nearly 3 refills from that. A bigger vessel is better again but then costs more to fill each time. I have an 11 litre and a 16 litre to keep using the older resin as a pre filter which saves the good resin for longer as it doesn’t have to work so hard.

Exactly how I use mine, but I have 2 x 11L vessels. The one with the older resin filters it down a to about 20/30 PPM and the new filter resin doesn’t have to work as hard so lasts much longer.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

davyk31

RMS Regular
That’s the one i have for my smaller vessel.
If anyone is thinking of buying one just for it as they are great.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
This is the exact one I have, good price too for it:

Just ordered one 👍🏼

Screenshot_20200403-202255_eBay.jpg

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
As Paddy says they really are a great job. I would rarely dry my car now after rinsing with the vessel.

Thanks to the guys above I’m now looking into a second vessel to put my almost spent resin in lol.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'm the same as @Eddie_, I rinse and rarely dry the car these days. I only use the filtered water for rinsing though.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Second vessel is a good investment. Otherwise once your resin is hitting 20ppm or so you are throwing it out. That resin can be used for a long time as a pre filter so the water hitting your new filter is already down to 20ppm rather than maybe 150 to 200ppm. Saves a lot in the long run.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Is it essential to test the water hardness or is the details from the NI Water site good enough info? (As per below)

Also, Vyair called me today to say the 151 resin was out of stock so they are filling the vessel with 115, whatever that means 🤷‍♂️

20200406_200049.jpg

davyk31

RMS Regular
No there is no need to check your water first but you may want to buy a test meter so you know if the vessel is getting it down to 0 ppm. You will also want to test your water now and again to see when the resin needs replaced although the appearance of slight water staining will tell you that.

As regards the resin swap I think 115 is better than 151 so it’s an upgrade but worth checking with them. If it was a downgrade then I would have expected them to reduce the price a bit.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
They phoned me today @Gareth regarding the same. I asked them the difference between resin and they advised that 151 was of higher quality and more geared toward softer water areas.

As per @davyk31 advise about a second vessel the water running through the 115 resin will have already went through my current vessel which is filled with 151.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
What way would they work with a overfill drum, the pressure at mine is less than **** so I'm in the process of rigging an overflow drum to keep the flow rate could it run after the overflow. If I get one it'd be some set up to get sorted each time with it and the overflow etc.

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
@Gareth you'll pick up a tester on eaby for less than a fiver. Worth having.

Excellent was just about to ask about a tester.....

I have the 11ltr one posted above and its a great job....

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Vessel arrived today, so the next few questions.

- Where do you store yours? Inside or outside?
- Is the vessel best attached at the tap end, or closer to the hose? No point in filling a 30m hose 🤷‍♂️

davyk31

RMS Regular
I store mine outside in summer and in the winter i keep it in garage as the frost harms the resin. As regards hose I use the normal hose that I use for the power washer, disconnect from washer and then put onto the vessel for rinsing. The vessel is then connected to another hose line to let me walk right around the car.

Let us know how you get on with the new toy.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Vessel arrived today, so the next few questions.

- Where do you store yours? Inside or outside?
- Is the vessel best attached at the tap end, or closer to the hose? No point in filling a 30m hose 🤷‍♂️

I have mine beside the tap at the rear of the house. Can't be bothered carrying it though the house all the time and nowhere at the front to store it.

I have about 1m of hose that goes from the tap to the vessel and then the hose connects to that. I know I'm filling the hose each time but it's easier for me to manage.

Its kept in the shed most of the time esp in winter. It does lie outside a good bit of the summer to be fair.