DI Vessels

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Would you consider putting one on your mains line in?

Did a couple of tests on the mains and ppm ranged from 98-115ppm. Scale says its fine but would 0ppm be better for you?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Got mine rigged up into a trolley for the windows

Screenshot_20200506-105638_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200506-105923_WhatsApp.jpg

davyk31

RMS Regular
Interested in hearing about the pole system too. I priced one with Sureclean and was maybe over £100 from memory. The trolley is a good job too as the vessel falls over easily when doing windows.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000

davyk31

RMS Regular
I could do with buying something like that as our windows don’t get done much. Does it use a lot of water and hence resin or is it not too bad assuming it can be turned off and on. And assume just a rub with your brush does the windows just fine without any other rubbing needed?

Marc

RMS Moderator
Surely you just connect your vessels in before the normal hose instead of karting the vessel around the house?

my window pole has a hozelock adaptor on it, and I just made up a simple on off connector and cable tied it to the pole so it can be turned on and off easily.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Surely you just connect your vessels in before the normal hose instead of karting the vessel around the house?

my window pole has a hozelock adaptor on it, and I just made up a simple on off connector and cable tied it to the pole so it can be turned on and off easily.

Just wanted I minimise any particles in the hose as its about 40m long, plus its handy to throw in the van if someone needs their windows done.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Ordered my second 11L vessel today. Hopefully a twin setup lasts a lot longer than my current single one!

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yep a twin setup is the job. Saves throwing out resin that can still do a decent job as a pre filter.

dshiels

RMS Regular
Any better options for purchasing a vessel other than Vyair? They only seem to have MB-115 at the moment but I'd prefer to try MB-151 this time.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

I thought there would be more wastage that way. Have to run the hose to clear out the unfiltered water for a bit then at the end you have a hose full of filtered water that'll get wasted next time round. I have the DI on the end with about 8 ft of hose. It's a pain carting it up the drive though.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Any better options for purchasing a vessel other than Vyair? They only seem to have MB-115 at the moment but I'd prefer to try MB-151 this time.

Mine is Raceglaze - only bought it as it was available at the time at Procar

Marc

RMS Moderator
I thought there would be more wastage that way. Have to run the hose to clear out the unfiltered water for a bit then at the end you have a hose full of filtered water that'll get wasted next time round. I have the DI on the end with about 8 ft of hose. It's a pain carting it up the drive though.

maybe 2-3l max, my little one wastes more “helping” me wash the car 😂

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Made this up tonight. Need to properly secure it tomorrow to the wall, add some PTFE and more superseal tube supports to ensure minimal chance of leaks.

Ordered a non return valve for the outlet so it’s a work in progress.

35118DF5-C879-40BF-9206-79C91174FCBE.jpeg

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I like that! I would love an obsessed garage type setup for the filter and power hose.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I like that! I would love an obsessed garage type setup for the filter and power hose.

Not that expensive to do if you plan it properly and stop changing your mind mid way through - I went into this thinking I had all the bits and pieces but with trial and (a lot of) error, about 5 trips to various Screwfix's, I have finally settled on a plan.

The above was phase 1, sitting by the tap but now I want it outside along the side of the garage - this will keep a pressurized vessel outdoors, any leaks will be outside and will not be grabbed, kicked or knocked by anyone, especially my son.

So another trip to Screwfix this evening to pick up more elbows and 15mm pipe - phase 2 will commence this evening!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Had to change my filter for the weekend. Picked up a bag of purolite from @j16jrf and changed it this morning.

4F6F67C7-8BB0-494B-9CC7-F956E3AFFF51.jpeg

Took a bit of persuasion but lid eventually came off.

470A690D-8653-4BE8-BFAE-5C82423A88BB.jpeg

exposing lovely used resin

E9D4977A-7052-413B-B0CC-F45484174D16.jpeg

Dumped and rinsed

CC311FF7-5F8B-4BF6-9E6C-73C875DE75FD.jpeg

E1E088EC-A612-48DC-B2BF-BCC1AD8A354A.jpeg

filled with 5kg of resin (7L vessel) and added water to make it easier to fit the filter and pipe

AB4A0CC0-0229-41C5-998C-91D1FA19FB5F.jpeg

tested, happy days!

EDCCABD9-43FF-40EF-8C01-243D5EB93AEC.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Good job, what price was the Purolite out of interest!!

£100 for 25kg - sorry I didn’t follow up on Facebook the other day. A bit more than what that place in Mallusk is charging but after some research purolite gets better reviews.