DI Vessels

J55NI

RMS Regular
£100 for 25kg - sorry I didn’t follow up on Facebook the other day. A bit more than what that place in Mallusk is charging but after some research purolite gets better reviews.

What are you going to store the unused resin in? Think i read somewhere not to let the air at it?

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4

J55NI

RMS Regular
Folks I have 2 X 11 litre vessels that need the resin changed. Does anyone know how many kg each 11 litre vessel holds of resin?

Where is the best place to get replacement resin these days? Mine came with MB - 151 and didn't last very long at all so would be keen to try something better if such exists?

Cheers.

Last edited:

MarkM

RMS Regular
Folks I have 2 X 11 litre vessels that need the resin changed. Does anyone know how many kg each 11 litre vessel holds of resin?

Where is the best place to get replacement resin these days? Mine came with MB - 151 and didn't last very long at all so would be keen to try something better if such exists?

Cheers.

I use 115, always got it off Vyair but since brexit they’ve slapped £20 extra delivery to here :worried:

davyk31

RMS Regular
I buy 25litre bags from Sureclean Omagh as the local courier cost isn’t too much. That will do you for a few refills and you just need to keep it dark and dry.

J55NI

RMS Regular
I buy 25litre bags from Sureclean Omagh as the local courier cost isn’t too much. That will do you for a few refills and you just need to keep it dark and dry.
Would a 25 litre bag fill the both of them once or twice each?
I use 115, always got it off Vyair but since brexit they’ve slapped £20 extra delivery to here :worried:
I noticed that on ebay. I got both my vessels from them previously.

davyk31

RMS Regular
What way do you use the two vessels? I have two and use one as a pre filter which can take old resin to bring the tap water down a bit and then a vessel in line with new resin to bring it to zero. This means you don’t need to dump reasonably good resin each time you refill and the filter with the new resin does not have to work so hard so it lasts longer.

MarkM

RMS Regular
What way do you use the two vessels? I have two and use one as a pre filter which can take old resin to bring the tap water down a bit and then a vessel in line with new resin to bring it to zero. This means you don’t need to dump reasonably good resin each time you refill and the filter with the new resin does not have to work so hard so it lasts longer.

Exactly (y)

J55NI

RMS Regular
I have connected the vessels together to achieve the above but each vessel is giving high numbers now on the reader when checked individually and spotting is occurring.

davyk31

RMS Regular
They shouldn’t both be so high as the first should take out a good bit of the pollutants. My first filter maybe brings the 200ppm tap water to about 30 and then the second filter brings it to zero. As my final filter is now reading about 20 I will put it in the first canister, dump what’s in it and put new resin in the final filter.

J55NI

RMS Regular
They shouldn’t both be so high as the first should take out a good bit of the pollutants. My first filter maybe brings the 200ppm tap water to about 30 and then the second filter brings it to zero. As my final filter is now reading about 20 I will put it in the first canister, dump what’s in it and put new resin in the final filter.
Would you not just swap the canister round for it to be the pre filter now and fill the other with fresh and have it as the final?

I have mine connected together side by side with no gap between them other than the connectors really. Assume that's what others have done?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Would a 25 litre bag fill the both of them once or twice each?

Still no answer to the original question lol.

Assumed a 7 litre vessel would take 7 litres of resin? Mine is nearing the end of its usefulness and I could do with a refresh in the next month or so.

Mine has lasted ages (years) but I’d be very conservative with it and only use it for the final open ended hose rinse to sheet the water off leaving a fairly dry surface.

Marc

RMS Moderator

Cheers.
I reckon about 10kg each.

I get about 2.5 fills from a 25l bag.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yep you don’t totally fill a vessel but imagine about 10 litres is right for an 11 litre vessel.

As regards why I don’t just swap vessels, one of mine is 16 litres and the other is 11. I keep the big one for the pre filter stage.

Also worth buying one of the funnels that Sureclean sell as it makes filling them a lot easier.

And there doesn’t need to be much gap between the vessels so your setup is just fine.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Thanks folks. Will get sorted after the holidays then. The MB-151 I had didn't last very long at all. Is there a better grade of resin that should last longer?