DI Vessels

davyk31

RMS Regular
Turn down the tap a little should maybe get you to zero. Don't need a mega strong flow anyway just an open hose to rinse off.

davyk31

RMS Regular
10% off on eBay (using code: PRICEWIN) at the minute brings the Vyair ones down to £85 odd, so just went ahead and ordered one. Black Cayenne is a pain in the hole to clean - bloody thing is massive.

Where's everyone getting their resin from? Same place or anywhere local to Belfast do it.

Sureclean Omagh sell the MB115 resin. Cheap carriage as its within N Ireland.

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000RR
Had mine few months now and it's already leaving water marks on the cars. Any ideas? It's showing as 0.77ppm on the wee digital guage with the standard water showing as 17ppm. Any ideas? Only used it about 10 times in total since purchase

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Had mine few months now and it's already leaving water marks on the cars. Any ideas? It's showing as 0.77ppm on the wee digital guage with the standard water showing as 17ppm. Any ideas? Only used it about 10 times in total since purchase

Sh1t... been using mine through the power washer for rinsing after pre-wash then final rinse.. Resin might not last long at this rate..

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000RR
Sh1t... been using mine through the power washer for rinsing after pre-wash then final rinse.. Resin might not last long at this rate..

it baffles me that it would only last such a short period of time when its only used as a final rinse.

davyk31

RMS Regular
You don't need to get anyone to refill it for you. Buy a bag of MB115 resin from Sureclean Omagh for about £80 and you will get 2 or 3 fills from that depending on canister size.

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000RR
@j16jrf does mine every couple of years. I usually get roughly 2 years from mine. It depends on your water quality to begin. Mine before filtering is 30 or something. Give him a pm and see if he can help you
Mines measuring 17 from the tap and 0.77 when using the filter but still getting alot of spots with the filter :/

davyk31

RMS Regular
0.77 should definitely not cause any spots. Something else must be wrong or your gauge is faulty maybe. You can have water even up to 15 or 20 and spots really shouldn’t be an issue.

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000RR
0.77 should definitely not cause any spots. Something else must be wrong or your gauge is faulty maybe. You can have water even up to 15 or 20 and spots really shouldn’t be an issue.

Any ideas what could be wrong? It's pretty annoying to be honest.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I really don’t know to be honest. Did hear someone talking about brown spots coming out as if the resin was breaking up, maybe something like that is the issue.

Are the spots all over the car or just parts. Wondering could there just be drips of unfiltered water dripping out from cracks but if all over the car that’s not the case. Maybe worth trying another test meter to be sure it’s right, mine only reads in full numbers so it’s unusual to see 0.77 unless it actually means 77 which certainly will spot. Also you mentioned your unfiltered water was 30 which sounds incredibly low as mine is nearly 200.

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000RR
I really don’t know to be honest. Did hear someone talking about brown spots coming out as if the resin was breaking up, maybe something like that is the issue.

Are the spots all over the car or just parts. Wondering could there just be drips of unfiltered water dripping out from cracks but if all over the car that’s not the case. Maybe worth trying another test meter to be sure it’s right, mine only reads in full numbers so it’s unusual to see 0.77 unless it actually means 77 which certainly will spot. Also you mentioned your unfiltered water was 30 which sounds incredibly low as mine is nearly 200.

Will check again in the morning and report back. The spots are all over the car and I've even spent longer than usual rinsing it down to make sure it's all filtered water only.

jferg

RMS Regular
Depends on the quality of the resin used and the quality of water in your area as to how long it lasts etc

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000RR
Checked today again and tap water is 170ppm and the water from the di vessel was reading 8ppm. Time for a resin change already? At this rate I will be back to drying towel.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Open it up and give the resin a bit of a shake up. Just changes any channels that have formed in the resin and may lower the reading. Also lower the inlet tap pressure a bit so the water flow is a little slower should help lower the reading too.

Having said all that it should be lasting a lot longer for you too. Would expect 3 months with weekly usage if just a final rinse each time.

jferg

RMS Regular
Most using mine get at least 6 Months out of it.

Could someone else have used it and connected the hose the wrong way round?

There could be several things wrong with it. Hardness of the water could be massive which will kill the resin very quickly

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000RR
Most using mine get at least 6 Months out of it.

Could someone else have used it and connected the hose the wrong way round?

There could be several things wrong with it. Hardness of the water could be massive which will kill the resin very quickly

Are you still doing refills for these? Can you pm the details if so.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Just buy resin yourself and refill. Sureclean in Omagh sell bags of MB115 resin. The most economic way is buy a 25 litre bag for about £90 and you will get a few fills from that depending on the size of your canister. Also worth buying one of their refilling funnels to make the job a lot easier.

jferg

RMS Regular
Are you still doing refills for these? Can you pm the details if so.

I sure am guys 👍👍
Just buy resin yourself and refill. Sureclean in Omagh sell bags of MB115 resin. The most economic way is buy a 25 litre bag for about £90 and you will get a few fills from that depending on the size of your canister. Also worth buying one of their refilling funnels to make the job a lot easier.

I only use top quality purolite mb400 resin in my vessels.

davyk31

RMS Regular
How much to refill an 11 litre vessel?
And what advantages does the 400 resin offer over the 115 stuff?