DI Vessels

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I finished machining the Civic tonight, so, the car will be washed tomorrow and will us this as the final rinse. Will see how it goes.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Used just the hose the other day for final rinse and honestly prefer using the power washer - feel like i get better run off from the water but will mess around with nozzles and water pressure on the hose - best getting the most out of the vessel than using it up more quickly through the washer

MarkM

RMS Regular
Used just the hose the other day for final rinse and honestly prefer using the power washer - feel like i get better run off from the water but will mess around with nozzles and water pressure on the hose - best getting the most out of the vessel than using it up more quickly through the washer

I’m happy with the hose but really, if you’re happy with the life you’re getting out of the resin and prefer the washer rinse, why stop?

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
You're in the Dundonald area aren't you @Boydie? I get over a year with mine and I use it only with the pressure washer. The water quality in Dundonald is actually very good already, so that's why i get so long out of it.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Yeah I am. I think differently though. Hosed our black Q5 down just with normal water as it get dive bombed by birds and the water marks next day were horrendous

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Yeah I am. I think differently though. Hosed our black Q5 down just with normal water as it get dive bombed by birds and the water marks next day were horrendous
Yes, it'll still leave water marks as the water as good at it is, isn't 0ppm. I think you misunderstood me. I meant, because the water quality is quite good already, it means you'll get quite a long life with the di filter. I use the filter through the pressure washer (have done for about 7 years now) and always got well over a year with it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Open ended hose and allowing it to sheet off works best for me. Panels are basically dry afterwards anyway.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Anyone have an idea why this is happening? New vessel, used on final rinse with an open hose 🤷‍♂️

20200413_203331.jpg

davyk31

RMS Regular
Hard to tell in the pics? What’s the problem?

Remember you will still get drops from crevices that may not be clean filtered water.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
In the yellow it dried water spots on the rear bumper. Car was thoroughly hosed down, a lot, during the final rinse.

20200413_204525.jpg

davyk31

RMS Regular
Is that not a run out from the boot lid or wherever is nearby? Won't necessarily have got your filtered water up in there

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
@Gareth you take any readings? I check mine most times I use it to see it it's still working as it should.

eBay reader arrived today. From the tap, it's reading mid-170's ppm, coming out of the vessel it's 000ppm.

Anyone a link to what reader you use to test the water? thanks

I bought the one Paddy posted on the last page.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
eBay reader arrived today. From the tap, it's reading mid-170's ppm, coming out of the vessel it's 000ppm.

Looks like it's working alight then. No idea if that a high reading reading it not. I know I get reading of between 35-40 ppm from the tap though.

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
My tap water is 140ppm and is quite hard....water spots can be a nightmare.

None with the vessel though......

dshiels

RMS Regular
Our water is close to 300ppm and the vessel with MB115 is only lasting a few months using it as final rinse on two cars once a week. Going to buy another vessel as a pre-filter and swap to MB151 on the other vessel to see if that helps

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
My tester arrived the other day - will do a comparison later this evening when I wash my car (hopefully)

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
I got a second 11ltr vessel so hopefully resin will last longer.

I couldn’t be without one now....so handy.