Wanted: DI water vessel

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I'm looking to get a beginner setup. Has anyone a decent sized single vessel, or even a double vessel setup they want to sell? Thanks.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
Cheers @mcmurray I seen those this morning, if nobody has one they want to sell, I'll get one from there.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
How much are you looking to spend? Picked up one of these recently after seeing a few other members had bought them.

Seemed decent value for less than £100.

any pics of your setup?

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
any pics of your setup?

I don't have any photos.

It just sits in the corner beside the outside tap with a short length of hose going to it. Then the hose reel sits beside it. I use a hose connector to join the hoses up when not using the DI vessel.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
I don't have any photos.

It just sits in the corner beside the outside tap with a short length of hose going to it. Then the hose reel sits beside it. I use a hose connector to join the hoses up when not using the DI vessel.

do you use it with open hose for a final rinse, or do you connect it to your powerhose?

davyk31

RMS Regular
Just buy new to be honest. A second hand one will likely have spent resin so once you would replace that the cost would get up to new price.

Will be the best £100 you ever spend.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
do you use it with open hose for a final rinse, or do you connect it to your powerhose?
why would you use it to wash car with .is that not a waste and just use it for final rinse ??think I will get one as a black car is a balls .is there a benefit to using it all the time.?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S

Before I bought my Vessel from Vyair I asked them could it be run with a pressure washer. This is what they told me “We would not recommend attaching a pressure washer to the vessel. The water would pass through the vessel too quickly and the resin would not be able to do its job properly.”

I only use mine for the final rinse. Personally I don’t see there being a massive benefit using it for anything other than the final rinse? For me the purpose of the Vessel is to cut out the need for drying and reduce water spots.

Honestly a great piece of kit. I was on the fence between buying one of these and a Blaster Sidekick (again) as I wanted to make the wash and drying process on my car as ‘touchless’ as possible - very glad I opted for the Vyair Vessel. They are simply brilliant.

davyk31

RMS Regular
As above you can use with powerhose for final rinse but it will expend the resin quicker. Use as a quick final rinse with an open hose and it leaves very little water left on the car and absolutely no water marks. Don’t hesitate and just buy one!

davyk31

RMS Regular
Always use MB115 and hadn’t actually heard of the other you mention. Where are you seeing it for sale.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
How often does the resin need changed in NI with hard water? And washing 1 or 2 times a week

J55NI

RMS Regular
Always use MB115 and hadn’t actually heard of the other you mention. Where are you seeing it for sale.

It was vyair mentioned to me it was better for hard water areas and should last longer than the MB115 but i hadn't herd of it myself untill then or know of anyone using it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Both options are listed on their website and are the same price. Was about to come on and ask who's using what.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Getting Resin from England can be dear because it’s heavy for carriage. I buy online from Sureclean in Omagh. Think they only have the 115 the last time I bought.

davyk31

RMS Regular
How often does the resin need changed in NI with hard water? And washing 1 or 2 times a week

I use two vessels so my old resin becomes a pre filter to help the new resin last longer. Probably refill every 5 or 6 months doing it this way and that’s with washing three cars a week and pretty heavy use of filtered water.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Any pictures of the setup guys? Trying to decide which resin to buy here to.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
If the rain goes off soon I’ll set mine up and upload a photo. My set up is very simple, short piece of hose from the tap to the Vessel, another short piece of hose from the Vessel outlet to the hose reel and job done 👍🏻

J55NI

RMS Regular
If the rain goes off soon I’ll set mine up and upload a photo. My set up is very simple, short piece of hose from the tap to the Vessel, another short piece of hose from the Vessel outlet to the hose reel and job done 👍🏻

I wasn't sure if it was best to connect the vessel to the end of your normal hose reel and then have a short hose comming out of the vessel? If connecting it to the outside tap and then a long hose reel surely that would use more water as it needs to travel the length of the long hose reel after the vessel?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I wasn't sure if it was best to connect the vessel to the end of your normal hose reel and then have a short hose comming out of the vessel? If connecting it to the outside tap and then a long hose reel surely that would use more water as it needs to travel the length of the long hose reel after the vessel?

I’ve found though that because of the pressure within the Vessel and hose that even when the tap is switched off and hose is open that you will still get a stream for water for a few seconds so there doesn’t appear to be too much water actually left within the hose reel.

But absolutely no issues using a short hose. I just wouldn’t fancy lugging the full Vessel round the car as it’s quite heavy when full of water and resin.

J55NI

RMS Regular
I’ve found though that because of the pressure within the Vessel and hose that even when the tap is switched off and hose is open that you will still get a stream for water for a few seconds so there doesn’t appear to be too much water actually left within the hose reel.

But absolutely no issues using a short hose. I just wouldn’t fancy lugging the full Vessel round the car as it’s quite heavy when full of water and resin.
With your setup I suppose you essentially need to let it run a few seconds then first to get rid of the non filtered water in the hose before rinsing down?

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
anyone wash their resin when its done (9-12mths time)? i.e. force salt through it to clean and regen the resin? i've maybe got it wrong but thats what a guy at work was telling me anyway.