Diamond detailing

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Friend is looking at swirl removal and tidy up done and has asked me to try and get someone I would recommend and I have seen this guy post online.anyone had any work done or know anything about them.there in Belfast btw.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Is this them? Good reviews on Google.
2020-01-09_12-54-26.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've no personal experience with them, but this is something a mate said about them.

20200109_142426.jpg

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
I've no personal experience with them, but this is something a mate said about them.

View attachment 262097
That seems to be the normal way to get your car back .i spent over an hour cleaning the mess left behind in my interior last time my own car was touched .
It seems diamond is doing a correction and c quartz ceramic coating for £199 . I doubt very much it’s a proper coating at that price but more the likes of the ceramic wax or whatever it is they have now.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Been a few places over the years but never been happy with anyone other than PMG personally.
Yeah a lot of people are happy with pmg,s work on here it seems .you never hear about any problems or issues people have which is good for them .

Dave..

RMS Regular
That seems to be the normal way to get your car back .i spent over an hour cleaning the mess left behind in my interior last time my own car was touched .
It seems diamond is doing a correction and c quartz ceramic coating for £199 . I doubt very much it’s a proper coating at that price but more the likes of the ceramic wax or whatever it is they have now.
When I got Pete to coat both our Mini`s a year ago the cars were spotless when we collected them. Not cheap but made a huge difference to my wifes Mini.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
When I got Pete to coat both our Mini`s a year ago the cars were spotless when we collected them. Not cheap but made a huge difference to my wifes Mini.
Well David in fairness in life you generally get what you pay for .if you get the best available on the market it should speak for itself in the finish .im sure it was well worth the money .my friend doesn’t want to go to the expense of a top job ,just a light correction Would do him ok and at the prices the company above are talking it would be all he needs .im just worried about recommending someone and they do a balls of a job .cheap is usually never good in my opinion .

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Not knocking the guy as don't know him but I would avoid anyone doing a machine polish and ceramic coating for £199
Cquartz uk is a very good coating so not faulting that part, but for £199 there is no way anyone could do it right for that price!

Regarding receiving a car back with compound/dust still there, well that is not the norm or acceptable for anyone decent.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Not knocking the guy as don't know him but I would avoid anyone doing a machine polish and ceramic coating for £199
Cquartz uk is a very good coating so not faulting that part, but for £199 there is no way anyone could do it right for that price!

Regarding receiving a car back with compound/dust still there, well that is not the norm or acceptable for anyone decent.
Exactly my point or do you boys just make a fortune doing cars 😂.
Jokes aside roughly what would a cquartz coating cost to buy ,say £60+ or maybe that’s miles away I have no idea so leaving say £100-£140 to machine and ceramic coat a car .ifs not a lot of money but if it’s only a quick job then I suppose it’s decent money for a days work .

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's

From the YouTube channels I've watched who have reviewed CarPro CQuartz (Pan the Organiser, Forensic Detailing etc) they have all given it a good review and said to expect at least 12 month durability. I guess the coating should be dead on.

CQuartz and Reload can be bought for about £45 retail

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Cant fault PMG, your friend would be safer investing a little more and having a first class job done by a company that will stand over their work

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
My cousin got that deal at £199 the other week and said he was very happy with it. I will be getting the impreza done in the spring after hibernation but it will be going to @big_pete as I’ve seen his work first hand and he did my brother in laws 5 series before Christmas and it had taken years off the car.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo

When you say it’s not possible for anyone to coat a car for £199 .what makes that not possible out of interest .how long do you think it takes a proper coating to be applied including full machine work and whatever else it gets done before coating .how many hours roughly ?

Gus

RMS Regular
At that price your friend can expect a rush job in one day imo, I would avoid. Ive found sometimes reviews are left by friends family etc to promote business. Best sticking to a reputable detailer

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
At that price your friend can expect a rush job in one day imo, I would avoid. Ive found sometimes reviews are left by friends family etc to promote business. Best sticking to a reputable detailer
Yes I have seen that done many times in the past although the 50/50 shots are impressive .in saying that it’s not showing a full side of the car ect .

Reactions: Gus