Diesel particulate filter light

DJMCA

RMS Regular
My daughters 09 KA has a diesel particulate filter on the dash....problem being its a petrol :joy: :joy:

No faults codes showing, i know these and the Fiat 500 are commonly plagued with wiring issues. The light is dimly lit as soon as you open the door and the dash lights up. Not causing any major grief but MOT early next year so is this a fail?

1000006941.jpg

KevM

RMS Regular
Check the trough under the scuttle panel. If the drains block, it fills with water and you get ingress behind the dash. Sometimes faint lights are a sign of condensation in there.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Also look for water in or around the plugs on the engine. Get a load of wd40 into them anyway. Been through any floods lately??

DJMCA

RMS Regular
OP
DJMCA
Take the bulb out šŸ¤£
Thats plan B :joy:

A lot of the Carly apps etc have feature to run the DPF regen to clear it ā€¦
Or just go and get the DPF cut out of it to stop any more hassle with it !
Its petrol!

Check the trough under the scuttle panel. If the drains block, it fills with water and you get ingress behind the dash. Sometimes faint lights are a sign of condensation in there.
Cleared that when we got it and i removed the rubber bungs so should be dry

Also look for water in or around the plugs on the engine. Get a load of wd40 into them anyway. Been through any floods lately??
Will check but looks dry. Its been on the car since we got it. ABS light comes on intermittently too : unamused:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Does it have a sunroof? Blocked drains and water getting into electrics are a favourite of Fiat/Alfa's. ECU and main fusebox is likely in the engine bay so worth a look round those too for water ingress. I use MultiECUScan for all the Fiat Alfa stuff and have a license and plugs to access different modules etc if you are really stuck but sounds like it might be a wiring fault or water ingress rather than anything that can be traced via a diagnostic check. Fun fun fun!

DJMCA

RMS Regular
OP
DJMCA
No sunroof but was thinking engine bay fuse box. Will check it out at the weekend.