RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Brilliant, health to drive.

Why is your Menu button french?

Chris
Noticed that - I'm afraid I don't have an answer to your question. My guess is it's been replaced, as I think those buttons tend to go bad about an hour after leaving the showroom.

No idea why it's been replaced with a French one though 🤷‍♂️

A4RON

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3 8P -2011
Your man didn’t keep her long I missed out buying it from a dealer in February the spec is very unusual HTD

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Absolutely not 😂

Can't get a set of golf clubs in the Porsche. Also the VRS needs a LOT of work lol
i can just about get a set in mine 👀 you definitely should be able to in a boxster. For me, bag in the rear boot with a few of the long clubs out of the bag and laid flat, and trolley in the front boot. they're deceptively large.

cayman will be easier than the boxster for the bag as you can do this

1679732854812.jpeg

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
That’s nice, nicer spec than mine.

I too have just bought a black 2.7 for a bit of fun. Hope to do the odd track day and stick a roof rack on for the mountain bike!

I’d like a bit more induction noise if anyone can recommend something?

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Adds character anyway
Just following up on this - have been scouring around online and looks like every Cayman/Boxster of this generation anyway has the word "Menue" printed on the Menu button. Turns out it's German, not French!
That’s nice, nicer spec than mine.

I too have just bought a black 2.7 for a bit of fun. Hope to do the odd track day and stick a roof rack on for the mountain bike!

I’d like a bit more induction noise if anyone can recommend something?
Nice! Any pics of yours? I had it out for a run in the dry finally on Saturday/Sunday, really is class to drive. I'll hopefully get it booked into a trackday in the next couple of months.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Just following up on this - have been scouring around online and looks like every Cayman/Boxster of this generation anyway has the word "Menue" printed on the Menu button. Turns out it's German, not French!

Nice! Any pics of yours? I had it out for a run in the dry finally on Saturday/Sunday, really is class to drive. I'll hopefully get it booked into a trackday in the next couple of months.

On the head unit, it's expensive AF but I do like that Porcshe released an OEM DAB and CarPlay solution for old models Porsche Classic Parts Explorer - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

shannon1305

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST225
Lovely motor, health to drive. The rear arches on these things are lovely, one of the nicest cars in this class and bags of fun without losing the licence.

AMG for servicing, Porsche Belfast for parts for anything outside of the usual running gear wear and tear stuff - I'd leave that to Alan for OEM stuff.

• Something's wrong with the heater - even on "LO" it blows air at you around 50degrees C. Quite uncomfortable.
Did you find out what this is? check you haven't left on the window heater button, from what I can remember when the window heater button is on it blows hot no matter what.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Lovely motor, health to drive. The rear arches on these things are lovely, one of the nicest cars in this class and bags of fun without losing the licence.

AMG for servicing, Porsche Belfast for parts for anything outside of the usual running gear wear and tear stuff - I'd leave that to Alan for OEM stuff.

Did you find out what this is? check you haven't left on the window heater button, from what I can remember when the window heater button is on it blows hot no matter what.
Cheers for the advice!

Aye it only happens when the windscreen defogger is on. Are you saying this is a feature rather than a bug? When the defogger isn't on its absolutely fine. But when it is on it blows air hotter than the sun

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Absolutely lovely. I've always had a soft spot for boxsters. I would love one at some point but I know so little about them and can never tell which gen or engine are the ones to avoid and those would be the one I would probably pick up.

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Lovely such a great buy ,
Have hankered after one for last year or so as loved my boxster for the time I had her , only thing puts me off is being 6ft 4 I looked “special “ getting out of the boxster lol
HTD slight drop, spacers, induction and enjoy buddy

shannon1305

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST225
Cheers for the advice!

Aye it only happens when the windscreen defogger is on. Are you saying this is a feature rather than a bug? When the defogger isn't on its absolutely fine. But when it is on it blows air hotter than the sun
Yep, That’s a feature, same on mine. You can set the heater to do the screen the usual way with the seat/up arrow button, I normally just leave that one on instead of using the quick clear defogger button because I keep forgetting to switch it off and wondering why the hell it’s like a sauna inside!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Lovely such a great buy ,
Have hankered after one for last year or so as loved my boxster for the time I had her , only thing puts me off is being 6ft 4 I looked “special “ getting out of the boxster lol
HTD slight drop, spacers, induction and enjoy buddy
😳😂 I am 6’5”, you want to see me getting out of my wife’s mx5. Fking nightmare. I didn’t fit in my father’s cayman. I needed an extra 2” for my legs.
Good luck.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Nice car that! Tbh it actually looks lowered in the pics, love a cayman obviously but would be seriously tempted out of it by a 991.2 gts, seen one yesterday when down in opc Belfast and absolutely loved it, in agate too, my fave colour although would love one in crayon too!

Health to drive 👍

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Lovely looking car this, and interesting interior, makes a nice change from just black without being too OTT.

Health to enjoy!

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Ps any issues with her I’ve a code reader and you’re not too far away. Oohhh and I get pretty decent discount in Porsche Belfast should you need anything 👍

NedHan79

RMS Regular
Drives
clio dci
Very nice. I sometimes regret not buying a cayman instead of the crusty 996 but I just wanted a 911. As time has moved on though, I’d be much more into a boxster or cayman. There’s a lot of value in them if you get a decent one.

Can’t comment on who to do your work as I do my own but I have found some stuff from opc Belfast very good value. It can be amazing sometimes the prices compared to eBay bits

Good luck with the new toy