Direct Access training

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
My brother wants to do his licence, sort of hand the money over, do a weeks training and have the full icence. (assuming he passes obviously)

Anyone provide this and what sort of money are they?

AC

RMS Regular
You can get a Direct Access course for around £500 which includes the cost of the CBT. There is 3 modules to the CBT. Mod1 is mostly about theory/knowledge/ know your way around the bike along with balancing yourself on a bike. Module 2 covers your off-road maneuvers and Module 3 covers your on-road practice.

Module 3 of the CBT requires a minimum of 4 hours ride time although I've heard of some places will put you through your CBT in a single full day.

Then you have your theory test (£23), off-road test (£31) and on-road test (£58) of which you pay for yourself. If your brother is over 24 then he can go straight for his A license. Hope that helps.

Dusty

RMS Regular
OP
Dusty
Drives
Honda CR-V
IMG_7358.JPG

Dusty

RMS Regular
OP
Dusty
Drives
Honda CR-V
No affiliation, seems to be get your theory done and out of the way as it lasts two years.

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
I've downloaded the app and have been getting about 90% on most of the mock exams, thinking of booking my theory before I even look about the cbt

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Anywhere around the north coast does this? I think I'm finally going to give in to the mates who have been at me for ages!

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
BMG Motorcycle Training - Homepage

This crowd is down round enniskillen.
I just passed my test on thursday and used Brian @ BMG great down to earth honest guy and the great thing about him he has the track layout the same as the off road test. Which in all honesty is the hardest part of the whole process. Guys have travelled from all over NI because of the track

Unfortunately because of the shortage in examiners in the DvA it's not possible to do these 1 week intensive courses were at the end you do you test. Don't forget there's 4 parts. Theory, CBT, off road test and then your on road test

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Do you have to apply for a provisional bike licence if you've already got a full car licence?

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
If the category not listed as provisional then you do, but most are. As its been said it usually takes a month minimum from start to finish. mainly due to the amount of tests and organizing them.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I dont think a one week course is a good idea. I did mine last year with Gene (Newtownards) over the course of about 2 and a half months. There is no need to rush and I would find it hard going even being on a bike for a week in 3 degrees.

AC

RMS Regular
I dont think a one week course is a good idea. I did mine last year with Gene (Newtownards) over the course of about 2 and a half months. There is no need to rush and I would find it hard going even being on a bike for a week in 3 degrees.

Was out on Sunday myself, lasted 45 minutes. Couldn't feel my hands. Agreed, it would be tough going learning in this weather.

Dusty

RMS Regular
OP
Dusty
Drives
Honda CR-V
He'll not be starting until around march time, he's waiting for a replacement licence to arrive so hopefully the weather will pick up a bit by then. Nearly came to work on the bike today but there's a bitter strong wind out there which put me off.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.