(Dis)orderly overtaking

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
LOL i know why you get attention, was behind you a few months back as you took off from the knocknagoney lights... two black lines anyone?:p

:oops: Ha ha, no law about how quickly you get to the speed limit!! Has to be done before the camera cruise home!! Anyway no difference to a cossie dumpvalve - got my attention the other night on the bloomfield rd when I was walking :p

scub

Banned
One thing I can never understand is when you overtake someone cos they are driving slowly, then they flash the lights at you when you get past! Why?! Are you jealous because I overtook you?!
i get this all the time , usually from auld duffers - think the noise makes the pacemaker jump:party:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
:oops: Ha ha, no law about how quickly you get to the speed limit!! Has to be done before the camera cruise home!! Anyway no difference to a cossie dumpvalve - got my attention the other night on the bloomfield rd when I was walking :p

Speed cameras = (n)

I thought you lived in holywood? Always used to see cars with your reg parked up there?

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
at times i will overtake multiple cars if safe to do so i.e. 2-3 tops tend to like my side of the road better..
what i find annoying is when you are the 1st car to overtake with others behind, the situation will arise when safe to do so,
indicator is put on to signal you intend to overtake then the muppet behind pulls out and overtakes before you..

that grinds my gears....

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
I admit to multi car overtaking if it is safe to do so. Although you have to be careful as a lot of people dont check their mirrors when they overtake as they dont expect someone to be overtaking them also. This happened to me a few years back in a work van, there was a transit van and a slow moving car in front of me, I come to a big straight, its clear, transit doesnt make a move so i do, can half way passed the van and he decides to overtake, i had to hit the brakes and serve to avoid an accident, ending up hitting kerb and bounching onto it. Wrecked the front wheel and tyre and luckly no one was walking on the pavement (was 11pm at night) and the transit just drove on

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Speed cameras = (n)

I thought you lived in holywood? Always used to see cars with your reg parked up there?

No never had much dealings with Holywood tbh, apart from the odd chiropracter appointment. I know there was a black Focus knocking about that was S66 RAC. Hope someone hasn't stolen my plate!

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Is passing multiple cars at once legal Avo (assuming its done carefully and there's no junctions near)?

rybo

RMS Regular
Yes, there's nothing illegal in it unless you're speeding, careless or dangerous.

But always expect the unexpected and be ultra-alert for potential hazards if you're doing this. Assume that some or all of the other road users have NOT seen you and drive defensively.

Or safer still, just be patient. It really is fraught with risks. But not illegal.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
One of the worst roads in the country for people sitting behind tractors / people driving stupidly slowly is the Ards - Portaferry road. Yes dangerous in places, but my god there is no need to sit at 40 the whole way.

And yes watching people overtake who dont have the power for the gap/sense to drop a few cogs is awful.

A pickup trying to get past me a few weeks ago made this mistake. - Problem is he was right beside me, and there was a car infront but not a big enough gap for him to get in when a car came out of a hidden dip. I panicked and floored it up the first persons ass to give him room behind me. The thing is if he had of braked and i decided to brake to give him a gap infront of me it could have eneded up messy. What are you supposed to do in this situation?

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
No never had much dealings with Holywood tbh, apart from the odd chiropracter appointment. I know there was a black Focus knocking about that was S66 RAC. Hope someone hasn't stolen my plate!

I could've sworn i saw a white teg type r with a plate similar to yours in holywood a lot, but then again i'm a spaz and get things mixed up all the time lol:oops:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.