Disadvantages of using wheel spacers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Skillie

As above; thinkin of buyin a set of wheels which will possibly need spacers due to the fat ass Brembo calipers on the front of my car. Anyone had anY bad experiences with these. Bit wary of putting them on the car especially as theres a fair bitta power goin through those wheels. Opinions needed!!

pablo

RMS Moderator
well there are quite a few people on the fccuk forum that run spacers but in a 220bhp car its not something Id personally be happy with.

Skillie

OP
S
Ya I'm not gone on the idea.Its such a bitch to get wheels that fit this car though!! If they don't fit straight on I'll prob stay away from them

Adam

RMS Regular
Was just about to say something similar.
If you use normal length studs then there will be alot less holding the wheel on and with that much power and torque there is a chance they could snap.

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
the hubcentric do seem to get good reports.....consider also spacers that screw straight to the hub and have additional holes threaded for your existing bolts.

Mr 106

RMS Regular
spacers increase the loading of wheel bearings.. expect them to wear out sooner.

Skillie

OP
S
Daz said:
spacers increase the loading of wheel bearings.. expect them to wear out sooner.

Phil D said the same thing to me when i mentioned spacers. Fugg it if they don't fit then it ain't worth the extra expense and potential problems. No second hand Azevs around will buy them new but don'thave the cash at the moment due to mountain of other things doin first. Jus want to change from the standard wheel to a 17" wheel as majority of coops still have fiat wheels on. Mainlydue tofindin ******* wheels to fit the ****er i'd suppose

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.