Disappointed

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
IIRC they were trolling the car forums facebook pages for customers moding their cars and then causing any load of heartaches if a claim was raise and they were the customers insurer

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
I've had 3 cars insured now with Greenlight. Declared mods were never a problem for me. Though they gave a me a 'this call only' quote a couple of years back which I then used to bargain Flux down to cheaper & the fella mentioned it the next year when I rang for another quote, no problem, but they did mention it. Always been more than helpful anytime I've needed to contact them.

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
I’m with Greenlight on the evo 6. I’ve had bother getting them to insure me in the past and yes they gave me the familiar old “one time offer so take it or leave it” sales pitch last time but tbh for the price I was over the moon. Should be a bit more interesting this year as the evo is now 20 and a few of the companies I rang round last year told me they’d be keen to offer me a classic policy next time

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I appreciate Greenlight are a site sponsor and that but honestly I’ve had zero luck with them. Every single car I’ve bought they won’t quote for 🤷‍♂️ Seems absolute madness

Totally the same, I gave them 3 different cars to quote on and 2 were ridiculous money and they refused to quote on the other. Stopped bother after that.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I think I remember them telling me they straight up won’t insure BMW’s “because they’re rwd”.

I’m sure the statistics are there to back up their logic but always struck me as odd that a company marketing themselves to enthusiasts won’t touch M cars.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Phoned them up about 2 years ago to get a quote and they told me that they don’t insure BMWs due to them being a higher risk of accident.

Never heard the like of it, absolute joke. :joy:

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
They are shocking!
Refused to basically even speak to me
Fair enough I'm sure they get plenty of time wasters ringing up but the attitude of the staff is shocking. Wont ever see money from me or anyone i know