Does anyone have any good automotive painters in their phonebook

HILL9N3GTI

RMS Regular
so its getting to the stage of my build that I need to start thinking about paint I don't want to do single pack paint I want 2 pack because its defiantly far better quality and finish I would do it my self but not willing to spend the time our money just to balls the thing up does anyone have any recommendations for painter in and around tyrone northern Ireland area that wont ask me for my last kidney as payment ?
thanks everyone

RubberLover

RMS Regular
Good luck with that. I was quoted this, no special paint, mostly white.

Could not believe it.

EC6161D0-BE32-4193-BD7E-28BF704C26D0.jpeg

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
A chap Alan Robinson near Magherafelt or toome area I think, does a great job. Search on Facebook.

colin84

RMS Regular

Could not believe it.

View attachment 258074

Is that Blair's by any chance?
so its getting to the stage of my build that I need to start thinking about paint I don't want to do single pack paint I want 2 pack because its defiantly far better quality and finish I would do it my self but not willing to spend the time our money just to balls the thing up does anyone have any recommendations for painter in and around tyrone northern Ireland area that wont ask me for my last kidney as payment ?
thanks everyone

A fair bit away from you, but try Kenny Wylie in Magherafelt.

HILL9N3GTI

RMS Regular
OP
HILL9N3GTI

Could not believe it.

View attachment 258074
that hurt me to read how is it even possible to give someone that price
A chap Alan Robinson near Magherafelt or toome area I think, does a great job. Search on Facebook.

does he have a business name our is it all done in the shed at the back of his place on the weekends ?

colin does he have a shop name our facebook page I could drop him a pm on would rather not jump on to peoples private stuff and torture them their :laughing:

colin84

RMS Regular
colin does he have a shop name our facebook page I could drop him a pm on would rather not jump on to peoples private stuff and torture them their :laughing:

It's been a few years since I used him, but he was very reasonable price wise, and done a good job on something that most people I contacted didn't want to get into. He does full colour changes etc.

zafturbo

RMS Regular

I got a bit of work done there last year and tbh I wish I had got them to fix it the first time instead of saving £150 as by the time I paid the first man to fook it up and then get them to sort it i was £600 worse off .
Also got a quote recently to paint a door and they were no dearer than others I found .maybe there is just some work they don’t want to touch do price themselves out of it .?

colin84

RMS Regular
I got a bit of work done there last year and tbh I wish I had got them to fix it the first time instead of saving £150 as by the time I paid the first man to fook it up and then get them to sort it i was £600 worse off .
Also got a quote recently to paint a door and they were no dearer than others I found .maybe there is just some work they don’t want to touch do price themselves out of it .?

Blair's? I believe they are good, but they were expensive for me.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Dermot Mccann in sixmilecross painted the bottom half of my RS6 for very humble money, and did an absolutely fantastic job at it

The only thing left to paint is the roof and a very small section of the sides which he recommended waiting until I needed a new windscreen, so I'll be going back to him when the screen is getting done

His number is +447856851969

HILL9N3GTI

RMS Regular
OP
HILL9N3GTI

It's been a few years since I used him, but he was very reasonable price wise, and done a good job on something that most people I contacted didn't want to get into. He does full colour changes etc.
ill get a bit of time next week and give him a bell and talk options but hopefully he doesn't think I'm a time waster I suppose everyone is until they actually hand over the money
Dermot Mccann in sixmilecross painted the bottom half of my RS6 for very humble money, and did an absolutely fantastic job at it

The only thing left to paint is the roof and a very small section of the sides which he recommended waiting until I needed a new windscreen, so I'll be going back to him when the screen is getting done

His number is +447856851969
Rick how quick was his turnaround and im guessing the quality was like straight from factory ?
Ah.

Just realised this is about painting a vehicle.

Not a house.

I’ll get my suitcase.

🤣
To be honest I was wondering what kind of painter myself 😂

well guys we are on a car form :joy::joy::joy:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
ill get a bit of time next week and give him a bell and talk options but hopefully he doesn't think I'm a time waster I suppose everyone is until they actually hand over the money

Rick how quick was his turnaround and im guessing the quality was like straight from factory ?

well guys we are on a car form :joy::joy::joy:

He had the job done within about a week iirc, I left it with him a week prior to the date we agreed he would start, I think it was between 7-10 days and my cars fairly large

However I think he is usually quite busy so might have a 4-8 week wait before he can fit anything in

Quality wise I'm very impressed, he buffed the paint to a high standard too, however I'll still be going for a detail, will now be holding off till the rest is done though.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Krcr

Did my mk2 golf from bare metal

Took a while but well worth the wait. The finish was worth it all!