Dog Food NI- chapel farm+ Flourish

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
Hi Neil,

GF has a Maltese and we've been getting her Royal Canine Sensitivity Control.
Would you have anything comparable?
Jonny

Hey, all of our products are vet approved, hypoallergenic and lots of the varieties are even grain free which is about as sensitive as it gets! Thanks

Cheers

Last edited:

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
Our Huskies have been on your food for the last while and love it, great service to. Never realised you where on here. Think the wife was in contact with you about stocking your food up here in Donegal.

Ah great stuff thanks for the feedback, I responded, hopefully she got my reply. Thanks again

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
@neil205 What food on your website for a lazy ass basset hound that refuses to even walk more than 10 mins? (well he will but when hes had enough he just lays down and you can't exactly move a 35kg basset gracefully) or would you be able to recommend something else? We used to get K9 Optimum but we moved house and its a complete bollox to get it now.
Haha this made me laugh. Theres a great option for you, it's on the site as senior/light fish and rice! Good luck!! Cheers

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Some feedback. We couldn't get the right food for our golden retriever pup as no matter what we tried he always had the scoots.

Numerous visits to the vet and he put him on royal canin gastrointestinal. No more scoots but the stuff was over £50 for a 10kg bag and he was going through almost two bags a month. If that wasn't bad enough when I researched the food I found there wasn't really anything good in it and the only thing stopping the scoots was in fact not a lack of stuff that is bad for a dog with a sensitive stomach but they add Zeolite (it is listed on their ingredients as Sodium aluminate silica). Apparently it works as a powerful anti-diarrheal.

After seeing this thread I bought a bag of Flourish large breed puppy, salmon and potato.

Clean bowls and perfect poo's and both happy dog and owner. Another bag ordered today. Highly recommended !!

Quick question @neil205 , what age would we move from the puppy to adult (he's 7 months now so a while yet) and what would you recommend when we do.

Thanks.

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
Some feedback. We couldn't get the right food for our golden retriever pup as no matter what we tried he always had the scoots.

Numerous visits to the vet and he put him on royal canin gastrointestinal. No more scoots but the stuff was over £50 for a 10kg bag and he was going through almost two bags a month. If that wasn't bad enough when I researched the food I found there wasn't really anything good in it and the only thing stopping the scoots was in fact not a lack of stuff that is bad for a dog with a sensitive stomach but they add Zeolite (it is listed on their ingredients as Sodium aluminate silica). Apparently it works as a powerful anti-diarrheal.

After seeing this thread I bought a bag of Flourish large breed puppy, salmon and potato.

Clean bowls and perfect poo's and both happy dog and owner. Another bag ordered today. Highly recommended !!

Quick question @neil205 , what age would we move from the puppy to adult (he's 7 months now so a while yet) and what would you recommend when we do.

Thanks.

Ah great to hear thank you for the brilliant review! Anywhere from a year up should be grand, some people keep large breed dogs on puppy food right up to a year and a half! Thanks

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Currently feeding our 7 month old cocker on Royal Canin puppy (medium dog). His coat is fantastic and he doesn’t appear to have any food intolerances or allergies. What would the benifits be of moving him to this @neil205 ?

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
Currently feeding our 7 month old cocker on Royal Canin puppy (medium dog). His coat is fantastic and he doesn’t appear to have any food intolerances or allergies. What would the benifits be of moving him to this @neil205 ?

Hey, here's the ingredients of both below, ours is on the 2nd and a bit cheaper. Totally grain free, 60% meat. Royal canin is full of maize (sweetcorn), no dogs, or humans can digest it. It's also got wheat in it. Royal canin used to be great but when Mars bought them they started filling it full of keek
Screenshot_20190128-213534_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190128-213618_Samsung Internet.jpg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Hey, here's the ingredients of both below, ours is on the 2nd and a bit cheaper. Totally grain free, 60% meat. Royal canin is full of maize (sweetcorn), no dogs, or humans can digest it. It's also got wheat in it. Royal canin used to be great but when Mars bought them they started filling it full of keekView attachment 223243 View attachment 223244

What’s the nutritional benifits Neil? Currently paying about £50 for 15Kg bag

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Got my bag of Flourish Puppy on Thursday (y)
Excellent service and speedy delivery. Still have some Royal Canin left so will use that up before switching as it’s a shame to waste it. Any tips for switching over?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Got my bag of Flourish Puppy on Thursday (y)
Excellent service and speedy delivery. Still have some Royal Canin left so will use that up before switching as it’s a shame to waste it. Any tips for switching over?
You should ideally mix the two foods gradually phasing out the one you want to stop until the full meal is the new food. That’s what I was told anyway!

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
You should ideally mix the two foods gradually phasing out the one you want to stop until the full meal is the new food. That’s what I was told anyway!

Yes. I started 75% old / 25% new for a week then 50/50 then 25/75. So 3 weeks to wean him onto the Flourish. No issues at all.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Fresh order placed today.
We've been too busy/lazy to get Jenson proper food so he's been surviving on bloody Pedigree Chum for a while and his coat tells me everything I need to know about that stuff. Back to the good stuff.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
We have our lab on step up to naturals for the last few years and she seems happy on it, but i would consider changing to your stuff @neil205 if the ingredients were better. She seems to be shedding constantly we have to hoover at least twice a day.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Hi @neil205 , the Beta food that my lab and cocker have been on for a couple of years doesn’t seem to be agreeing with them anymore. I was hoping to order some of your food to try. Do you deliver to Ballymoney?

RevT

RMS Regular
Yea through the website is quick delivery. I have just got my two on to some of his stuff and mixing it with Royal Canin at the minute, hoping they like it enough to get rid of the Royal Canin when the bag runs out.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Yea through the website is quick delivery. I have just got my two on to some of his stuff and mixing it with Royal Canin at the minute, hoping they like it enough to get rid of the Royal Canin when the bag runs out.

Doing the same myself to replace the Royal Canin with Flourish

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
Aww thanks guys! Sorry i missed these! Royal canin got bought by Mars a few years back and their main ingredient went from being chicken to a mixtire of maize, maize flour and wheat (maize is sweetcorn and can't be digested by dogs or humans) but they managed to keep their good reputation for quality food. That's good branding! Cheers

Last edited:

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Have you any other varieties of the large breed puppy food @neil205 ? Our retriever won't touch the salmon and potato now at all.

It's strange as he devoured everything from the first bag we got but won't eat anything from the second bag, just sniffs it and walks away. Gutted as he was doing so well on it too.

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
Have you any other varieties of the large breed puppy food @neil205 ? Our retriever won't touch the salmon and potato now at all.

It's strange as he devoured everything from the first bag we got but won't eat anything from the second bag, just sniffs it and walks away. Gutted as he was doing so well on it too.
Flip hvent heard that before! Bring it back and we will swap it for the grain free 60% meat pup! Some dogs don't like fish

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Hi Neil,

Is there anyway you can add a login on the website so it remembers all details etc?

Would be so much handier to order again quickly

David

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I'm about to place another order...any discount codes going? Worth an ask lol.