Double Rally Champion Takes A Turn In A Twingo...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
DOUBLE RALLY CHAMPION TAKES A TURN IN A TWINGO

698d0c9e-916d-4ca6-93f2-b37364af3790.jpg

Double British Rally Champion Keith Cronin will drive a Twingo Renaultsport R1 Trophy car on the opening round of this year’s British Rally Championship, Rallye Sunseeker International. The 2009 & 2010 champion will be partnered in the Mantis Performance Car Care sponsored car by BRC and WRC Academy co-driver Seb Marshall.

Irishman Cronin’s appearance will be his second on the event, contesting it in 2008, three years before it debuted as the BRC opener, but Marshall has experience of the Dorset and Hampshire stages, finishing fourth alongside Adam Gould last year. Having made a sensational BRC debut in 2009, winning at his first attempt, Cronin became the first Irishman to take the title since Billy Coleman in 1974 and the first from the emerald isle ever to win it twice.

“I have been working hard to get deal to compete at International level but so far I haven’t managed to secure anything. When the opportunity to drive the R1 Twingo came up, I accepted and I am really looking forward to driving the car. Let’s hope I can show what the car is capable of doing and provide a competitive bench mark for the other Twingo competitors.” said Cronin.

Cronin’s will be a one-off promotional appearance in the car which has been prepared and will be run by the official Twingo Renaultsport Trophy UK technical and parts suppliers Monster Sport Europe.

“The Twingo Trophy is new to the UK this year and this will be the first competitive outing for the R1 variant on gravel.” explains Trophy Manager Simon Moss, “So we wanted to make a bit of a splash and Keith kindly agreed to take the challenge. I’d like to thank Mantis Performance Car Care for making this possible, as the car will run under its colours.”

Rallye Sunseeker International starts on Poole Quay on Friday 24th February at 18.00hrs with stages throughout Saturday in the forests north of Bournemouth. For more information on the rally visit www.rallyesunseeker.co.uk

For information on the MSA British Rally Championship visit www.rallybrc.co.uk

For information on the Twingo Renaultsport visit www.renaultsport.co.uk

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.