Down Royal C&C returns (24th March, 26th May, 28th July, 8th Sept)

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
By the look of the post its back at Down Royal, so no need to think of another location?
Well that's what I thought too but I started to doubt that.

As long as it goes somewhere good as imo it's the best car meet going.

Reactions: AMG

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Well that's what I thought too but I started to doubt that.

As long as it goes somewhere good as imo it's the best car meet going.
I read the tweet, then after all the replys, i had to read it a few times again before i posted incase i picked it up wrong, but dont think i did!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I read the tweet, then after all the replys, i had to read it a few times again before i posted incase i picked it up wrong, but dont think i did!
I won't be taxing until March at the earliest so fingers crossed we'll have a nice sunny Sunday morning venue:cool:

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
By the look of the post its back at Down Royal, so no need to think of another location?

I thought that too but with all the chat here of a different location I thought maybe I had read it wrong lol. Down Royal was a great location in my opinion.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I won't be taxing until March at the earliest so fingers crossed we'll have a nice sunny Sunday morning venue:cool:

I usually tax from start of April, but forgot to cancel the DD for Nova Sport, so it can go at anytime. Although it will need to be a dry day, nothing as hateful as a meet in the rain, sitting in a steamed up car not being able to see everyone else doing the same thing!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
68F4E0A2-D726-4049-97BE-03CBD3B011B7.jpeg

Rallyfreaks

RMS Regular
Drives
Golfs
Great to see this is up and running again. Hats off to the organisers who I suspect have done an awful lot of work behind the scenes to ensure it continues under the new owners of Down Royal. Hope all those attending make it easy for them and maintain the high driving standards as seen previously. It only takes one to ruin it for everybody.

Great suggestions too by many for other venues - I'd love to see more, although sadly I don't believe its just as easy as rocking up en-mass to a public car park anymore, all sorts off permissions, liability issues etc to be overcome once somebody decides to invite/arrange any gathering.

Also should the title of this thread now be amended?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Class, looking forward to getting down to this again!

I can only make the May date this year ffs, but it’s always a good day out with a great variety of stuff

Gemma

RMS Regular
I didn't see them out with wee buckets before at the gates?
But I was saying the other night, even if they charged £2 in (what's £2, can't even buy a latte with that now) and give it to charity, they'd raise some amount of money
I'd happily fire couple quid in.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Brilliant news, really looking forward to getting back to these.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Looking forward to going to one of these. Best to get down early? 9am or so?

From my only previous experience it’s definitely best to get down for around 9ish (especially if the weather is good!). I arrived just before 9am the time I went and there where still dozens of cars there before me.