DPF removal

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
We are now offering full DPF removal for any vehicle (cars and light commercials), and all DPF canisters are left in a factory condition with all sensors intact to ensure everything is above board to pass future MOT tests.

Diesel particle filters (DPF's) are designed to filter large particles of soot from the exhaust system of most modern day diesel vehicles by trapping the participles for a short period of time. After so many miles (approx 3-500 miles), the vehicle will go into "regen" where it tries to regenerate itself by injecting diesel into each cylinder while its exhaust valves are open. The idea is to heat the exhaust gases up to a much higher temperature and in turn burn the soot participles; effectively storing the soot particles for a while which would normally be released gradually, then dispensing of them all in one go.

What commonly happens is that the regen isn't strong enough to clear the DPF filter itself, and after a few regens the excess diesel adds to the stores soot, creating more of a blockage. When the ECU takes it readings and detects that the DPF is blocked and the regen isn't successful, the car will be forced into limp mode.

Another problem with a partially blocked DPF system is that the heat from the engine can not escape, which then causes the heat to remain in the turbo and manifold causing more very costly repairs, and in the worst case scenario, a new engine.

If you have any queries or want any more info regarding DPF removal, feel free to PM me or ask in this thread.

Cheers
Nicky

Nicky

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky
Drives
HiluxSurf
Of course @gpaevo (y)

Remapping the ECU to remove the regen process is a vital part of DPF removal. At the same time, customers have the option of removing the EGR system and opting for a remap too at a reduced price, as opposed to getting the DPF removed and then going elsewhere for a map afterwards.

wiggee

RMS Regular
Drives
4 x 4
Can you do a 2012 audi tdi ? Can you pm me the costs of removal dpf erg and remap on a 2012 audi 2litre tdi

iainbig

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
How much is it for full removal and map on a 2006 fr ibiza

theballboy

Drives
peugeot 407 coup
Interested in a DPF egr removal and economy remap for my Peugeot 407 coupe 2.0 hdi (163bhp)
Can you pm details . thanks in advance

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Anyone know if anything can be done to deactivate regeneration. My dpf light came on last week and I was planning on having it (the dpd) removed.

Now with removal being an MOT failure from Jan what options if any do I have a part from fitting a new dpf?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Has it gone past the regen point? You should be able to regen it or someone with decent diagnostic software should be able to force a regen

hippyross

RMS Regular
Anyone know if anything can be done to deactivate regeneration. My dpf light came on last week and I was planning on having it (the dpd) removed.

Now with removal being an MOT failure from Jan what options if any do I have a part from fitting a new dpf?

Read the first post again.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
nicky

i have a friend who has a 11 nissan qashqua (thingy) and he is having diffs with limp home mode etc
nissan is looking to replace DPF system - ££££££'s
i tried to PM you but no link
can you contact me re this and give me rough cost for you to help him out etc

ta

Nicky

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky
Drives
HiluxSurf
nicky

i have a friend who has a 11 nissan qashqua (thingy) and he is having diffs with limp home mode etc
nissan is looking to replace DPF system - ££££££'s
i tried to PM you but no link
can you contact me re this and give me rough cost for you to help him out etc

ta

@nobby - Your inbox is full.

Tell him to give me a shout at the workshop (02891 870505) after 10am tomorrow and I'll see what I can do for him.

Cheers

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Is there a way to remove these on an Auris T180? 2.2 D4D? I assume the same as an is220