Dpf removal

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
I am going to gut my dpf in my e61 520d m sport as its struggling to rev over 2500 rpm and just makes driving the car crap. Will I need to get it remapped after or will it run ok with the standard map in place. Thanks in advance

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Could be a lot of reasons behind it being blocked, which would be worth investigating, but if you’re removing it then you will definitely need the ECU remapped.

Plenty of guys out there that’ll flash a map on to the ECU, or you could use the likes of TorqueTronix or AutoTune to know it’s done right.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Murray Motorsport in Hilltown. Davey is the man to see.

They won’t mess you about either, they’ll properly diagnose the fault and check everything before touching anything.

Last edited:

colin84

RMS Regular
I've been hearing for a while about some sort of test for DPF's during an MOT, but I was talking to 2 MOT men on seperate occasions that said they are working on a machine at the minute that tests the particulates from the exhaust. Anybody else know?

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
OP
BIGDAVE
Drives
audi a7
Well I couldn't drive the car as it was anymore and thought what the hell so I dropped the exhaust cut a hole on top of the dpf and removed the dpf. What a difference in the car I now have boost and the car is drivable again. Took it a run and no fault lights and no smoke at all.
20190628_164936.jpg

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Had to do the same on my E60. Totally transformed the car. You won’t get any warning lights the map is just to to tell it that theres no DPF there so don’t attempt to clean it when driving

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
Last time I spoke to an mot man about the diesel testing he said that it won’t be happening till those people in our so called government are back up and running as they are planning on building new test centres with new machinery etc and the plans are there but there is nobody to approve the money to do it.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Had to do the same on my E60. Totally transformed the car. You won’t get any warning lights the map is just to to tell it that theres no DPF there so don’t attempt to clean it when driving
So what happens when it does try to clean it but there are no internals? Does diesel just get chucked out the exhaust pipe without being burnt?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I thought they would. Basically, are we saying a remap is essential after removing a DPF? Not that I am removing one - more for others!

-Pete-

RMS Regular
any who is the current go to for a egr delete/dpf removal and remap? autotune?

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Murray Motorsport in Hilltown. Davey is the man to see.

They won’t mess you about either, they’ll properly diagnose the fault and check everything before touching anything.

^