Dpf removal

theballboy

Drives
peugeot 407 coup
Any one had any issues with new mot regations which came in last may. Includes a visual check to see if Dpf has been tampered with. Mine has been removed then a weld. Wondering if it might fail mot now. If Dec consider getting it done again in next motor though if there was any new way it could be done to avoid inspection

Anyone?

theballboy

OP
T
Drives
peugeot 407 coup
weld can be seen on mine (been done 5-6 years ago but not been through the MOT yet since new restrictions (in fact I stuck in through just a few days before they came in ) - extension till September currently - still might chance putting it through then though - steering rack needs replaced put I don't wanna sort if its not gonna go through cuz of dpf so will just stick it in for test and this king is that if it only fails for steering issue then that's all I have to sort for re test and obs the dpf issue is fine

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Looking at getting dpf removed is the likes of autotune/ torquetronix the go to companys?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
New place opened up at the Cutts in Dunmurry, Mobileserviceni or something, has "dpf solutions" on his advert might be worth looking into to see what he does? Have heard that he was very good with diagnostics etc.

Last edited:

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
Could I be nosey ask what sort of money it stung you? Pm if you want, or just tell me to f*uck off 😂

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
What about the emissions sniffer test? Is there a soot test for diesels? I really want my dpf out but I'm not sure about the aforementioned tests?
Anyone know the craic?

Mackers91

RMS Regular
As far I'm I'm aware for diesels it's only a visual check to make sure the emissions systems are still there/not tampered with and that there is no excessive soot from the exhaust, they can't remove any covers or such to check though.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
What about the emissions sniffer test? Is there a soot test for diesels? I really want my dpf out but I'm not sure about the aforementioned tests?
Anyone know the craic?

Very little proper tests are done here, even before all the nonsense.

But sooner or later they may well do, and it will cost a lot of people money.

Obviously some remove them for different reasons....but interesting video. And some cool trucks.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Testing your dpf less car in the future. I do worry they will update the test to include a smoke test same as across the water. That what puts me off getting mine removed.
5E67D9C5-938F-4A7F-83DB-2C1118B6B5DB.jpeg

Chris0

RMS Regular
Took the egr out of my passat and cleaned it but still have bit of smoke and diesel smell in the car. I checked the other pipes connected to the egr and they were clogged but tried to clear them as best I could.
Guessing the dpf is clogged as well and would need removed?
Any other options? It’s just a daily but want to get it and keep it running perfect while I have it

0B12B2FE-404A-49E9-B6F1-A0617B3C157F.jpeg

Last edited: